Amlogic Next8P12 (NXM805MC) Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amlogic Next8P12 (NXM805MC) Questions

Known as the big lots special, I acquired one of these from a friend who tried to root it and now it's bricked. He said at first he was getting the loading screen but since I got it I get nothing just a black screen. Is there anyone I can turn this thing around and actually unbrick it?

Originally posted by hevi99 View Post
    Known as the big lots special, I acquired one of these from a friend who tried to root it and now it's bricked. He said at first he was getting the loading screen but since I got it I get nothing just a black screen. Is there anyone I can turn this thing around and actually unbrick it?
    I'm moving your thread to the Amlogic Nextbook subforum...

It sounds like your friend flashed the wrong ROM on the tablet, or possibly erased the internal NAND memory completely.

Does the screen light up, but stay black, or does the screen not turn on at all?

Is the tablet recognized when plugged into a PC? (On windows, does it show up in the device manager?)

You'll need an unbrick kit (I'll try to get one posted for this model). Depending on how badly it is bricked, you might also have to remove the back cover and short out some pins on the NAND memory chip with a thumbtack to force it to use a rescue SD card from an unbrick kit.

ShaunMT
    Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
      I'm moving your thread to the Amlogic Nextbook subforum...

It sounds like your friend flashed the wrong ROM on the tablet, or possibly erased the internal NAND memory completely.

Does the screen light up, but stay black, or does the screen not turn on at all?

Is the tablet recognized when plugged into a PC? (On windows, does it show up in the device manager?)

You'll need an unbrick kit (I'll try to get one posted for this model). Depending on how badly it is bricked, you might also have to remove the back cover and short out some pins on the NAND memory chip with a thumbtack to force it to use a rescue SD card from an unbrick kit.

ShaunMT
      It doesn't turn on at all, The table is reconized when I plug it into the pc. I already have the back off if that's necessary, I haven't touched anything yet.

Comment

It doesn't turn on at all, The table is reconized when I plug it into the pc. I already have the back off if that's necessary, I haven't touched anything yet.
        Are you sure the screen doesn't turn on? If the backlight comes on, then the graphic drivers are wrong and you only need an unbrick kit.

If the screen backlight doesn't come on, then your bootloader is bad or your internal memory is erased and you'll have to short out the correct NAND pins to make the unbrick kit work.

Unfortunately, I haven't made an unbrick kit for that model yet. I'll add it to my todo list.
        Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Are you sure the screen doesn't turn on? If the backlight comes on, then the graphic drivers are wrong and you only need an unbrick kit.

If the screen backlight doesn't come on, then your bootloader is bad or your internal memory is erased and you'll have to short out the correct NAND pins to make the unbrick kit work.

Unfortunately, I haven't made an unbrick kit for that model yet. I'll add it to my todo list.
          Im sure. There is nothing. No backlight comes on or anything. It's completely dead. When I plug it into the PC, I get that normal noise that windows does when you plug in a USB device, but nothing about the tablet is showing up in Device Manager under USB controllers
          Last edited by hevi99; 05-31-2014, 08:58.

Comment

Im sure. There is nothing. No backlight comes on or anything. It's completely dead. When I plug it into the PC, I get that normal noise that windows does when you plug in a USB device, but nothing about the tablet is showing up in Device Manager under USB controllers
            You'll probably have to short the NAND pins to get a rescue SD card to work then. I'll update the instructions regarding which pins to short when I post the unbrick kit.

ShaunMT
            Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

You'll probably have to short the NAND pins to get a rescue SD card to work then. I'll update the instructions regarding which pins to short when I post the unbrick kit.

ShaunMT

Great! Thanks alot for your help.

Comment

Working...
              X