MK808b extremely laggy, choppy and unstable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK808b extremely laggy, choppy and unstable

Hi all, I took delivery of my MK808b a couple of days ago and frankly I'm very disappointed with it.
    As the title says, it's suffering from excessive lag and stutters whenever I do almost anything. Half the time it randomly freezes when I open an app. Launchers crash, video playback is choppy and response to keyboard input is delayed.
    Now I know that the MK808b is pretty popular and I also know it certainly wouldn't be popular if the troubles I'm having were normal.
    What am I doing wrong? I'll happily provide more information if needed. Thanks!

Originally posted by Piemel View Post
    Hi all, I took delivery of my MK808b a couple of days ago and frankly I'm very disappointed with it.
    As the title says, it's suffering from excessive lag and stutters whenever I do almost anything. Half the time it randomly freezes when I open an app. Launchers crash, video playback is choppy and response to keyboard input is delayed.
    Now I know that the MK808b is pretty popular and I also know it certainly wouldn't be popular if the troubles I'm having were normal.
    What am I doing wrong? I'll happily provide more information if needed. Thanks!
    Try a different rom and a good ps....apple ipad power supply is great.
    Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Before you do that, make sure to back up your device in case you got a knockoff and can't find a rom.

Enable usb debugging and run the tool from this post (#61): http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ll=1#post77368
      Currently Inactive on Freaktab.com
      I use: MK903V | MELE F10 Deluxe | Roku 3600R
      RIP: MK808b | MK809III | PIPO M9 Pro

Comment

A genuine mk808b usually doesn't behave that way. You probably bought a clone. You can verify that by opening the case and post some photos of the board inside. Don't start flashing before you know for sure which hardware version you have!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks guys, here's some pictures of the insides. What version is this?

Comment

Thanks guys, here's some pictures of the insides. What version is this?
            You have the original MK808B with RK903 wifi.
            You can just flash my rom, it's the most updated at the moment.

Also working on a KitKat rom for original MK808B at the moment.

Comment

First check your installed firmware version in the android settings. Just because it is interesting which one is so laggy for you

Comment

Originally posted by phinc View Post
                First check your installed firmware version in the android settings. Just because it is interesting which one is so laggy for you
                Haha what do you want to know exactly? I don't know the first thing about all this. It says Android 4.2.2, vendor software version 409j2_07-03-2014

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
                You have the original MK808B with RK903 wifi.
                You can just flash my rom, it's the most updated at the moment.

Also working on a KitKat rom for original MK808B at the moment.
                Ok thanks, I definitely want to try this. Is there a step by step guide how to do it for some one with zero experience?

Comment

Ok thanks, I definitely want to try this. Is there a step by step guide how to do it for some one with zero experience?
                  Use RKAndroidTool v1.37(included in the zip) to flash the rom.
                  Make sure all the correct images and loader are selected from the 7z zip file.
                  You device must be in flash mode, use a paperclip in the small top right hole and press down, holding it down while connecting to PC. The USB cable must be connected to the side OTG port on MK808B not the front power mini usb port that you use to power it when connected to a TV.
                  Flash Tool must say 'RK Loader' not 'USB Mass Storage'
                  Press 'Erase IDB' then Run/Flash to flash rom.
                  It takes half an hour to flash the rom since it's a complete backup with user settings.
                  Leave device plugged into PC for about 10 minutes after flash then remove.

Make sure to use PC's back USB ports not the front ones.
                  Also disable power saving mode on PC and untick 'Allow PC to turn off this device to save power' in device manager for USB hubs/ports, the last option, otherwise flash might fail halfway through.

Comment

Re: MK808b extremely laggy, choppy and unstable

Haha what do you want to know exactly? I don't know the first thing about all this. It says Android 4.2.2, vendor software version 409j2_07-03-2014
                    Thats exactly what i wanted to know, thx . It is the latest software version, should work pretty good. Strange that you have so many problems with it. I hope mo123s ROM works better forces you.

Comment

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the help.

However, when I connect the box via the OTG port to any of the USB ports on my computer, with or without the little reset button pressed, it will say "No found RKAndroid rock usb"

Comment

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the help.

However, when I connect the box via the OTG port to any of the USB ports on my computer, with or without the little reset button pressed, it will say "No found RKAndroid rock usb"
                        Then you ned to install the drivers in the flash tool in drivers folder, going to device manager or use a different usb port.

Comment

Working...
                        X