Can't change default launcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't change default launcher

I have finless 1.7 on my mk808b. It came with two launchers, Gridshow and Launcher. Originally when I selected home, I given the option to select between the two launchers. At some point I elected to use Launcher all the time. Now I would like to try Gridshow, but can't get the default reset. I searched and found that I should be able to go into settings - apps, open Launcher and click a Clear Defaults button, but when I open Launcher's settings there isn't a Clear Defaults button to press. I tried Clear data but that didn't help. What am I doing wrong?

1) Double check for the 'Clear defaults' button in the apps section of settings. After clicking on an app (like launcher) you should see 'Clear data', then 'Clear cache' then the Defaults section with 'clear defaults' button. You may need to scroll....

2) Install another launcher, like Nova launcher or Go launcher. When you next press Home, you'll get to choose your launcher again.

3) There are also Default Manager apps in the Play store....

Good luck!

Comment

Alternate.. solution

Desktop/settings/app
      -Top right corner click: reset app preferences

Goodluck

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell4you View Post
        Alternate.. solution

Desktop/settings/app
        -Top right corner click: reset app preferences

Goodluck
        That did the trick. It does reset all the apps defaults, but for me it wasn't much of an issue. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X