• taki
    replied
    Originally posted by bloatman View Post
    Picture with heat sink, it was removed for the photos

Wi-Fi module ap6335
    has mini pci slot but not soldered board

solder this

if it true thats amazingly.
    we connect mini pci card (maka prepare driver for)

Leave a comment:

• bloatman
    replied
    heatsink

Originally posted by reefmonger View Post
    I dont see a heatsink in the pictures. How does this unit cool the cpu?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    Picture with heat sink, it was removed for the photos

Wi-Fi module ap6335
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• reefmonger
    replied
    Re: HPH Android TV BOX of RK3288 64gb 4gb ram $200

I dont see a heatsink in the pictures. How does this unit cool the cpu?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Leave a comment:

• dancar
    replied
    Originally posted by beha View Post
    Hmmm, you are right, with 4GB RAM this is regular PC more then TV device :-) Tina, maybe you can consider optionally Ubuntu version, alongside Android.
    Would be a super hot seller, if it was dual boot, android and ubuntu.

Leave a comment:

• beha
    replied
    Originally posted by alex1234 View Post
    I found a blog abozut the rk3288 and Chromium-OS [1]. If I unterstood it correct it means it is possible to install Linux without much trouble or? Will there an alternative OS officially supported among Android?
    Hmmm, you are right, with 4GB RAM this is regular PC more then TV device :-) Tina, maybe you can consider optionally Ubuntu version, alongside Android.

Leave a comment:

• odrewjr
    replied
    Tina advised me that a new firmware with Google play services and a selection of google apps and app like facebook and others wii be present . The new firmware will be released soon. We discussed the tv launcher about the changes I suggested to be changed. I hope the engineers take notice of my suggestion so it will be a lot easier to setup the device.I also highly recommended Root for the device because there are procedures I can not do without root. Especially sending files to external devices, all files go to internal storage instead of my sd card. The app "sd kitkat fix" will not work without root. If there is a way of sending files to external storage devices without Root, I would appreciate some advice.

Leave a comment:

• alex1234
    replied
    I found a blog abozut the rk3288 and Chromium-OS [1]. If I unterstood it correct it means it is possible to install Linux without much trouble or? Will there an alternative OS officially supported among Android?

Thanks,
    Alex
    [1] http://www.cnx-software.com/2014/04/...x-chromium-os/

Leave a comment:

• Evildropbear
    replied
    Originally posted by odrewjr View Post
    I can not confirm that, there is a list in android setting than allows each of those through the box. I have a very simple setup at this time. The only thing I have not been able to get to work is the Mele f10 pro remote. It operates great but with no sound. I will play around with soundaout app if I can locate it, but my sample did not come with Goog!e play services. When I side loaded google play serices it wii not communicate with servers at google.

Good to know. I will wait for Finless rom before I order I think.

Leave a comment:

• odrewjr
    replied
    I can not confirm that, there is a list in android setting than allows each of those through the box. I have a very simple setup at this time. The only thing I have not been able to get to work is the Mele f10 pro remote. It operates great but with no sound. I will play around with soundaout app if I can locate it, but my sample did not come with Goog!e play services. When I side loaded google play serices it wii not communicate with servers at google.

Leave a comment:

• torbvea
    replied
    Originally posted by odrewjr View Post
    The device does play 1080p in xbmc.
    Do you know if it can passthrough audio in XBMC to?

Leave a comment:

• odrewjr
    replied
    The device does play 1080p in xbmc.

Leave a comment:

• torbvea
    replied
    I would like to place an order if someone can confirm that it will play 1080p in XBMC and passthrough DD and DTS.

Leave a comment:

• bloatman
    replied
    pictures

pictures
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    It could be a good deal

I'm about to order my piece too, but first some questions...

1) What's the thing above HDMI Out port? It's without label, and it looks like a full sdcard slot. But there's already one sdcard slot on the other side of the box next to OTG port? So, what is that? Does the box have two sd card slots? I'm confused, so can you please shed some light on it?

2) Does any of the CPU/GPU/RAM have passive heatsinks on them? Can you get some inside picture for us geeks? If there are some heatsinks in there, I'm planning to run it 24/7, hence the question.

3) I see only 4 orders placed. If I understood corectly, production will continue only if there's minimum of 30 orders? Is there a time period in which this quota must be met? Also, what's with the processing time of 50 days? Is that 30 days lead time combined with the shipping time? How will the shipping process go? And by that I mean specific time frames, because I don't like to wait for my packages for 2 months...

4) Last but not least, are you planning to make a version with USB3 ports and/or m-sata interface? Also, what about 64GB ROM version from the thread title? It's a pity such a high-end device doesn't have at least one of these features The price is not that important if the box stands out from all other android boxes...

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Onetrack
    replied
    For HPH_Tina

Hi Tina, I am interested in this TV box as well. Can it be shipped in english, how do we get google services on it (app store etc) and are there any videos of this unit.

I am interested in the group buy, 4GB/32GB unit.
    I will email you shortly

Leave a comment:

Working...
X