Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polatab Elite Q9.7 ROM

Hi,

Does anyone know what ROM might work in this tablet.

I'm not sure who the real maker is as I can find nothing about PolaTab on Internet, maybe just a white box OEM tablet.
    I thought it was very similar to CEROS Revolution and tried to use the new KitKat 4.4.2 ROM, but now it doesn't boot. I can still get it into recovery mode and download new firmware, but am not sure what ROM to try.
    Any ideas ?
    Thanks,

CPU - RK3188 Quad-Core (4 x 1.6GHz)
    GPU - MALI Multi Core
    Screen - 9.7" 2048 x 1536 Retina LCD 10 point touch
    Memory (RAM)- DDR3 2GB
    Storage - 16GB
    External Storage - Supports upto 32GB tf-Card (micro sdhc card)
    WiFi - 802.11b/g/n
    Camera - FRONT 2.0MP and REAR 5.0MP - Dual Camera
    G-Sensor - YES
    Bluetooth - YES
    OS - ANDROID 4.2.2 JELLY BEAN
    Battery 8000mAh
    HDMI - Standard Mini HDMI port
    USB - Micro USB port USB 2.0
    Earphone - 3.5mm earphone jack
    Weight - 620g
    Dimesnsions - 240mm x 187mm x 9.8mm

Originally posted by Mitch2k14 View Post
    Hi,

Does anyone know what ROM might work in this tablet.

I'm not sure who the real maker is as I can find nothing about PolaTab on Internet, maybe just a white box OEM tablet.
    I thought it was very similar to CEROS Revolution and tried to use the new KitKat 4.4.2 ROM, but now it doesn't boot. I can still get it into recovery mode and download new firmware, but am not sure what ROM to try.
    Any ideas ?
    Thanks,

CPU - RK3188 Quad-Core (4 x 1.6GHz)
    GPU - MALI Multi Core
    Screen - 9.7" 2048 x 1536 Retina LCD 10 point touch
    Memory (RAM)- DDR3 2GB
    Storage - 16GB
    External Storage - Supports upto 32GB tf-Card (micro sdhc card)
    WiFi - 802.11b/g/n
    Camera - FRONT 2.0MP and REAR 5.0MP - Dual Camera
    G-Sensor - YES
    Bluetooth - YES
    OS - ANDROID 4.2.2 JELLY BEAN
    Battery 8000mAh
    HDMI - Standard Mini HDMI port
    USB - Micro USB port USB 2.0
    Earphone - 3.5mm earphone jack
    Weight - 620g
    Dimesnsions - 240mm x 187mm x 9.8mm
    hi i have the same tablet and attempted to update to kit kat with a riley rom from this site but i must have done some thing wrong as now it wont turn on at all, any advice muchly appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by dreadstar View Post
      hi i have the same tablet and attempted to update to kit kat with a riley rom from this site but i must have done some thing wrong as now it wont turn on at all, any advice muchly appreciated
      Hi,

I used the RK Batch Tool v1.7
      and restored this ROM image
      MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

Booted up and is now running fine.

There seems to be a lot of variation even amongst the same Tablet, maybe touch controller chip, LCD controller chip, Wifi etc

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch2k14 View Post
        Hi,

I used the RK Batch Tool v1.7
        and restored this ROM image
        MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

Booted up and is now running fine.

There seems to be a lot of variation even amongst the same Tablet, maybe touch controller chip, LCD controller chip, Wifi etc
        Hi when I connect tablet to windows 7 laptop still does not recognise tablet. How do I update when tablet does not turn on ? What can I do ? I think I have turned a great tablet into a paper weight. Any advice appreciated. Any idea of how to get into flash mode when tablet wont turn on ?
        Last edited by dreadstar; 06-10-2014, 11:43.

Comment

Hi when I connect tablet to windows 7 laptop still does not recognize tablet. How do I update when tablet does not turn on ? What can I do ? I think I have turned a great tablet into a paper weight. Any advice appreciated. Any idea of how to get into flash mode when tablet wont turn on ?
          Hi,

Make sure the Tablet is charged up or just leave it plugged into power then hold down the button next to the power (back <-) on button, then press power on while holding down the back button for ~5 secs.
          You might see screen flicker or very faint back light come on. This should put the Tablet into recovery mode.

Connect usb cable from PC to tablet. If tablet is in recovery mode Windows will search for a driver for the rockchipusb, this is included with RK Batch Tool.

You should then see the Tablet appear in Windows device manager "Class for rockusb devices" "Rockusb Device"
          If you see it appear as an Android device then it's not in recovery mode and RK Batch Tool will not detect it, so try again.

You might need to try this a few times before it appears or use a paper clip to reset the tablet whilst holding down the back button. Seemed a bit hit and miss when I tried it but eventually you should see Windows detect a new device and search for the driver.
          At this point you will need to point it at the correct Rockusb driver for the version of Windows you are using e.g. x86 x64, Win7 etc etc.
          Then start RK batch tool and it should see the Tablet, a green square appears with "1" to indicate it has found the Tablet.
          Now load the firmware image into RK Batch Tool and click the restore button.
          It will now erase, flash and verify the firmware and Tablet should reboot into Android OS.

Theres a pdf included with some of the Riley ROMs that also explains how to install the Rockusb driver.

Good luck

Comment

Thanks for the advice at work at the moment ( I work nights) will give this a go when I get back, fingers crossed

Comment

Thanks for the advice at work at the moment ( I work nights) will give this a go when I get back, fingers crossed
              Hi it worked a treat it took a couple of tries but i eventually got there. This tablet is really robust i thought it was all over
              Having said that i am still looking for a working Kit kat rom for this tablet if you can recommend any. Once again thank you for all your help

Comment

Working...
              X