• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have any good advice to R89,Pls post here

1.Support for DVB-S2 --By Taki
    ATSC tuner supprot --By clarkss12

2.Design a wonderful Remote Control --By ENDRJUPL
    --I think it should have multimedia buttons - volume up and down, play, pause, rewind, forward, stop. If it had buttons 0-9 they could be mapped to various live TV stations in xbmc which would be great.
    Short press of the power off button - complete power off. Long press - 3 options appear: reboot, power off, standby
    --By ENDRJUPL

--Perhaps a few ''programmable buttons'' on the unit..
    Like:
    when clicked.. it starts playing your favorite on-line radio channel (without the need of a tv running)
    Or when the second button is clicked..it starts playing your Music collection
    --By mitchell4you

--Hide(status)Bar on/off
    Switch between running apps
    --By mitchell4you

--Used in dim environments,Support HDMI CEC,Used by average size western male hands,A built-in MIC and Google Voice. --By wolfe

--Turn on/off Box using Remote
    --By convict

3.Support HDMI and Spdif Passthrough sound output at the same time --By ENDRJUPL

4.Support VGA output --By raxy
    --At this version,we can't add this feature.

5.Support to 3G DDR3 RAM --By endera

6.Support for HDMI CEC --By emdera

7.The following: --wow so many ideas
    Boot manager
    a easy recovery/backup method,like CWM?
    A auto-shutdown/boot-up schudule option
    Tun.ko pre-installed,for VPN
    init.d support
    Brightness control under settings
    hidden developer section: with the option to ''Enable Root access'' with 'SuperSu'' install popup
    A Big 'internal nand' Space.. say 3gb+ (space to install apps, not all apps support moving to sd)
    A good wizard to set the lcd screen size/borders
    A option to set a password on 'settings' (stop kids/friends messing with the settings)
    ----
    On notication Bar:
    Quick swap from wifi / lan Slider
    Quick eject usb button*
    Quick enable/disabe software keyboard Slider
    Webcam (driver) on /off Slider*
    ( *= Only showing when device is connected)
    ----
    --By mitchell4you

8.Removable and upgradable external WIFI antenna,and U.FL + SMA Connectors --By raxy and TMx
    --Not support in this box,but we'll do our best for wifi signal performance.

9.Multicolor LED to indicate some status of the box --By raxy

10.HDMI input --By clarkss12
    --No support for this in this version.

11.Some form of brightness and contrast control. --By Bob

12.mouse wheel zoom function in accessibility options --By Bob

13.A own gui launcher --By sweup
    --This will be discussed after R89 coming stable.

14.OTA update --By ademturk

15.Popcorn Time --By JorgeO

automatic adjust display refresh rate (HDMI mode) to match video --By wasser

17.Multiuser --By wasser

18.Openelec and xbmc linux --By taki
    I'll list all kinds of advice here to discuss.
    Last edited by oman; 07-02-2014, 15:36.
    Easy way to catch LOG -> Search 'Syslog' in Google Play,then install it and catch log

Originally posted by oman View Post
    1.Support for DVB-S2 --By Taki

2.Design a wonderful Remote Control --By ENDRJUPL

3.Support HDMI and Spdif Passthrough sound output at the same time --By ENDRJUPL

4.Support VGA output --By raxy
    --At this version,we can't add this feature.

5.Support to 3G DDR3 RAM --By endera

I'll list all kinds of advice here to discuss.

HDMI CEC ?

Comment

Hmm.. nice.. thread

A ''boot manager'' would be nice..
      -So men could boot a Operating system from the SD or USB
      To test a new (custom) Rom\FW prior to installing it
      or
      If later someone makes a 'Linux' distro for the unit.. it can be booted..
      or
      to make a easy recovery/backup possible

--------
      A auto-shutdown/boot-up schudule option
      -like my phone: shutdown at 2 at night / bootup on 7 in the morning (to save power)
      ---
      Tun.ko pre-installed. (Vpn support) And init.d support
      ----
      Brightness control under settings
      A hidden developer section: with the option to ''Enable Root access'' with 'SuperSu'' install popup
      ----
      A Big 'internal nand' Space.. say 3gb+ (space to install apps, not all apps support moving to sd)
      ---
      A good wizard to set the lcd screen size/borders
      ----
      A option to set a password on 'settings' (stop kids/friends messing with the settings)
      ----
      On notication Bar:
      Quick swap from wifi / lan Slider
      Quick eject usb button*
      Quick enable/disabe software keyboard Slider
      Webcam (driver) on /off Slider*
      ( *= Only showing when device is connected)
      ----
      If you make sure Netflix, BBC iPlayer and YouTube ect work perfect (in HD)
      -You would make alot of friends
      ----
      A few buttons on the remote:
      Hide(status)Bar on/off
      Switch between running apps
      Perhaps a few ''programmable buttons'' on remote
      -----

Just a thought
      Last edited by mitchell4you; 06-08-2014, 19:14. Reason: more thoughts

Comment

removable and upgradable external WiFi antenna

Could really help optimising WiFi reception AND then video streaming stability.

Comment

External High Gain Wifi Antenna and U.FL + SMA Connectors Please ...

Comment

a few multicolor led

Would allow kick visual feedback on the status of the box and/or some of its softwares (like email inbox or freaktab private message !)
            Combination of color and blinking rates on 2 or 3 cheap LEDs can already give many many indications without requiring the big display.

Comment

HDMI input

I sure this is something that is too late to incorporate at this time, but an HDMI input would be nice for and "all in one" box, similar to this one.

Transform your home entertainment with our cutting-edge media player, TV tuner, video capture and streaming devices for an elevated experience.

However I do not own this particular box or any box that has HDMI input.
              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

I really like this:

Comment

Ultimate Android TV box

Perhaps this is not the correct thread to post this, but I will post anyway.

The ultimate holy grail box that I would really love to have would have these items.

1. A dual ATSC tuner built in.
                  2. A real PVR built into the rom, that utilizes the built in tuner.
                  3. HDMI input for other devices such as cable boxes.
                  4. Aggregate content from all content providers, ex. content from Netflix, Hulu, OTA TV guide data and content from a cable box.

I am sure all this will happen one of these days, but right now, just a dream.

thanks
                  MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Hw and vpu support de-interlace for mpeg2 and mpeg4 h264 I think gpu support direcx 11. Maybe perfect openelect device than others.
                    And it has 4 usb or 5 and otg

Comment

About the programmable buttons

I like the idea about the programmable buttons very much. So much, that I am already planning to solve it by myself. It just did not occur to me to propose it for the development of this box.

That, and a way to tell the status of the box without having to turn on the TV. Some LEDs of an LCD strip.
                      I just want to be able to start playing music without the need of clunky remote apps or a running TV

My own solution looks like this:
                      I'm going to build one of these tiny OLEDs: http://www.****.de/itm/like/19116866...s=true&viphx=1
                      ...and ~7 buttons into one USB device. An Android app will handle serial communication and Tasker integration, so the device will then be able to do pretty much anything. (The best part is that the butons can have different actions depending on the current context - complete with icons indicating what they do)

I'm not sure if something like this is even remotely up for consideration, though. You can't rely on Tasker for functionality, so there will be a substantial software development effort involved, instead of just providing some plugin actions.

But a toned-down version - even if it's just ~3 buttons with configurable actions will be a very useful addition. And one reviewers won't forget to mention, I might add

Comment

+1 for more RAM, 4gb would be nice. As another user described it, 2gb is probably sufficent but more ram would make beelink to stand out from the competition.

A own gui launcher (like Minix), flat design.

Then im going to be boring and say, provide great support and transparent communication (like you doing here, just keep doing). Freaktab is a great forum but maybe start up a own forum would help pump up the brand value of beelink.
                        Beelink R89
                        Pioneer SC-2022
                        Samsung 55" LED 2012

Previous:
                        Minix X8-H
                        Minix X5
                        Logitech Revue

Comment

Some form of brightness and contrast control! Not every TV is the same and images can be to dark contrast or washed out. Doing the adjustments on the TV doesn't always help.

Implement mouse wheel zoom function in accessibility options. Otherwise APPs like Google Earth cannot be used.

Manual override of EDID.

24P support.

If I think of more I will let you know.

Bob
                          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

I know it is too late for any hardware change but

SATA connection would be great
                            Also a must is to have a a fast enough bus to handle high throughput.

Im still running an old stick and i cant even go above about 5 megabytes a sec across the network. Moving big files takes a while.

Already said but some led's for notification of email etc would be great...

If there was a speaker in the box for notifications for skype would be awesome. we have to be called on the phone before we can recieve a skype call

Full!screen type app.
                            Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Originally posted by Arbelzapf View Post
                              I like the idea about the programmable buttons very much. So much, that I am already planning to solve it by myself. It just did not occur to me to propose it for the development of this box.

That, and a way to tell the status of the box without having to turn on the TV. Some LEDs of an LCD strip.
                              I just want to be able to start playing music without the need of clunky remote apps or a running TV

My own solution looks like this:
                              I'm going to build one of these tiny OLEDs: http://www.****.de/itm/like/19116866...s=true&viphx=1
                              ...and ~7 buttons into one USB device. An Android app will handle serial communication and Tasker integration, so the device will then be able to do pretty much anything. (The best part is that the butons can have different actions depending on the current context - complete with icons indicating what they do)

I'm not sure if something like this is even remotely up for consideration, though. You can't rely on Tasker for functionality, so there will be a substantial software development effort involved, instead of just providing some plugin actions.

But a toned-down version - even if it's just ~3 buttons with configurable actions will be a very useful addition. And one reviewers won't forget to mention, I might add
                              It's a IIC device?

We have the IIC connector on the board
                              Easy way to catch LOG -> Search 'Syslog' in Google Play,then install it and catch log

Comment

Working...
                              X