System Legal shutdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

System Legal shutdown

Im looking for roms that have a fully system legal shutdown or an app that can be installed to system thats system legal. Ideally i want to add this shutdown function to the button bar because it seems alot of them just trigger power off and not a complete shutdown possibly causing corruption of storage.

Any advice would be greatly apprecated

I'm pretty sure the Petrus Reboot app does that. It unmounts everything. Look in the App Developer's Kitchen.

Sent from my U8 using Tapatalk
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

I've tried it and read the thread but I'm not convinced its shutdown the android way. From what I've read a proper system shutdown can only be done by a Google signed system app. I did a normal install of the reboot app (on kit kat) and the shutdown was rapid. If I use the shutdown on the official jelly bean it takes a few seconds. I don't appear to get any corruption shutting down in jelly bean. I may be wrong if I am please let me know. A system legal shutdown should make use of the intent.shutdown function from what I've read? I also need to find out how to edit the button bar.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Comment

i would like to know about this too, its the same for me to.
        when i shut down in jelly bean it takes about 5 sec to turn off the screen while in kit kat its like unplugging the power cable.
        FIRMWARE & HARDWARE COMPATIBILITY LIST FOR ANDROID TV STICKS
        https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0ApGXribKk_8gdEc3YnlmOHlfRlRQVUxFbkJ3Zzg3U EE&output=html
        My Plexi MK802IV mod
        http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...xi-MK802IV-mod

Comment

If you tap the power button on the box itself then you get the Android shutdown pop up. asuming this is the proper shutdown yous are after

is it possible to map one of the keyboard or remote control buttons to that power button on the box?

Just an idea

Comment

Working...
          X