Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rom/instructions for Rooting a Nextbook premium 8se Capacitive touch with playstore?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help, won't read my premium 8

I bought the Nextbook Premium 8 se for my wife as part of the Big Lots Black friday sale. I downloaded your link and it will not update the driver. It says it cannot install the driver. I assume because it is using a different chipset?
    I open your program and it says it cannot find my device
    I was able to get it to show rk29 device but it says problem with hardware and says m3 chip?
    I am running WIN7 64bit
    I would love to get this tablet up and working for my wife for christmas with google play store.
    Thanks

Comment

Help (step by step) instructions to root..

Being that there probably isn't a rom available yet; are there step by step instructions that are relatively simple to install Google Play?

Comment

Help with Rooting Nextbook Premium 8SE

Finless-
        I followed your instructions to the 'T' on my new Nextbook Premium 8SE's, but when I get to the point of selecting the new driver, it gives me the OK button, which I hit, select Next and it indicates no driver could be found and refers me back to the manufacture site.

I drilled down my folder appropriately to 32bit and Win7.

Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by supermanry View Post
          Finless-
          I followed your instructions to the 'T' on my new Nextbook Premium 8SE's, but when I get to the point of selecting the new driver, it gives me the OK button, which I hit, select Next and it indicates no driver could be found and refers me back to the manufacture site.

I drilled down my folder appropriately to 32bit and Win7.

Any suggestions?
          Look two post above your own...those of us with the newer 8SE have a different chip which means different drivers so those instructions won't work for us as of now.

Comment

Thanks!

I see those posts. Is anyone looking into new instructions? A new ROM? I sure would love to have Google Play on these devices as GetJar offers pretty slim pickins' comparatively.

Comment

Originally posted by supermanry View Post
              I see those posts. Is anyone looking into new instructions? A new ROM? I sure would love to have Google Play on these devices as GetJar offers pretty slim pickins' comparatively.
              There are a number of good "stores" available. Have you tried 1mobile?

Comment

Display problem after flash ROM

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                Just download my ROM kit and flash it. It's all windows based.

Bob
                Dear Bob, thanks for your nice work, I just downloaded your ROM, followed the instructions and flash my Next8P12, but after first boot my tab getting a line on screen's left side, also some space is empty on bottom side. I'm posting screen shot for your better understanding my problem.

Please have a look image and suggest me what's matter with my tab?

regards

Comment

Need a bit of help

Hey i have a question im a newb at all this an used this program to root it and got the drivers to work but it will find my device and its still saying "no found RKandroid rock usb" what should i go about doing someone please walk me thru it to fix it

The help is much appreciated and thanks in advanced have a good day

Comment

Rom/instructions for Rooting a Nextbook premium 8se Capacitive touch with playstore?!

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                    Works like a champ. Thanks for the help

Comment

Does yours have the HDMI port?

Originally posted by GeneT View Post
                      Works like a champ. Thanks for the help
                      Does yours have the HDMI port? Is so, does it still work?

Comment

Does yours have the HDMI port?

Originally posted by domwilson View Post
                        Does yours have the HDMI port? Is so, does it still work?
                        I have a Nextbook Premium 8SE it doesn't come with hdmi but everything else is working fine

Comment

I have a Nextbook Premium 8SE it doesn't come with hdmi but everything else is working fine
                          Some of the Premium 8SE's came with HDMI ports. Which is strange. I went to Nextbook's website and it makes no mention of the ports.
                          Yet I've read on some other forums that some have recently purchased theirs from BigLots! and have the ports. I will have to check the other's I have
                          as I bought a few as gifts.

Comment

Originally posted by domwilson View Post
                            Some of the Premium 8SE's came with HDMI ports. Which is strange. I went to Nextbook's website and it makes no mention of the ports.
                            Yet I've read on some other forums that some have recently purchased theirs from BigLots! and have the ports. I will have to check the other's I have
                            as I bought a few as gifts.
                            There are two versions of the Nextbook Premium 8 SE (aka NEXT8P12). One has been around for a while - it is the one that is documented on their website, runs ICS 4.0.3, and does not have an HDMI port. There is no mention of the newer version on Nextbook's website - according to their tech support they are still working on this. It is basically the same as the older version except it runs ICS 4.0.4, includes the HDMI port, and has an AMLogic (vs Rock Chip) CPU. You can tell if you have the new version if the processor is listed on the box as AMLogic.

Neither version comes with Google Play (nor can it be installed) but the old version is easily rooted and alternative ROMs are available for it. The newer version can't be rooted (so far) and there are no ROMs for it.
                            Nextbook Premium 8 SE (Next8P12) - * ROOTED * (Sold on ****)
                            AML8726-M3 Cortex A9 @ 1GHz

Nextbook Premium 8 HD (N0008HD8G) - * ROOTED *

Nextbook 8 (NX785QC8G) - STOCK (unfortunately)

Comment

I also have NEXT8P12 and has HDMI port with it
                              other specs like 8GB internal memory and DDR3 1GB RAM, 1GHZ A8 Processor, with RK2918 chip

Comment

So there are three different versions of this tablet?

1.) Rockchip SoC* no hdmi
                                2.) Rockhip SoC w/hdmi
                                3.) AMLogic SoC w/hdmi

*System on Chip

Comment

Working...
                                X