Remote control issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MINIX View Post
    So the Q7 could last at least 30days x 2hrs = 60hrs usage + a month standby? I'm curious how large the battery to do this. Which brand by the way? I'll get one and try to verify. Thanks.
    I ordered it on Geekbuying at the time but here is a description link http://www.dx.com/p/q7-5-in-1-rechar...e-white-149291. It says that the battery in 500mAh. Also, I did not need to turn it off after use, it was always on and still lastest >1Month.I'm also curious to see what is the experience of other users with other air mouse as a reference. If anyone has some input, it could give more insight on average expectation in terms of battery life for such devices.

Comment

Remote concerns

I have used both remotes for several days now. I am getting used to the constant manual recalibration for the M1. What I mean is if I want to go to the bottom of the screen I drag the pointer all the way to the top first, if I want to move the arrow to the far right I move it far left first, etc. This is the only way I have been able to get this remote to work properly.
      My main concerns is not being able to power up the unit with either remote. I am planning to use my Logitech 890 remote to integrate the x8 into my entertainment system. This will not be possible if I cannot power up the unit from being completely off (not sleeping) with the remote.
      Will the factory remote power up the unit from being completely off? If so I have been unable to do so.
      Any information on this would greatly be appreciated.

Originally posted by MINIX View Post
      The power button could be fully replaced by the "Power Menu" app that we have preloaded in the firmware, just use it, it's the best. Click on it, done. Make a shortcut to the front page.

During shipment (flight, drop ship) the sensors preset could be altered, it's always better to do the recalibration once on a completely flat surface to reset the sensors before start using it.

All units have been 100% checked before leaving the factory, so we are pretty sure of it's functionality is fine.

Comment

This has always been an issue. Sleep vs power off.

Please think about this. If the unit is fully powered off then how is it capable of listening to a remote?
        TV's can do this because they are not really powered off! They have power to a processor that can listen for remote control input. These boxes aren't that way! They don't have multiple stand alone CPUs. e.g. a dedicated CPU for remote control.

So the ONLY way this will work is to put it to sleep. This way the processor is still running and listening! Sleep uses less power but it's still on.

Only way I know this can be done.

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Thanks Bob. I will just opt for sleep mode instead of power off. I am not use to sleep vs power off option. Is the calibration issue I mentioned the same on all air mice? I am looking something with a keyboard. Would I be better off with something like the Logitech kb 400.

Originally posted by Finless View Post

Please think about this. If the unit is fully powered off then how is it capable of listening to a remote?
          TV's can do this because they are not really powered off! They have power to a processor that can listen for remote control input. These boxes aren't that way! They don't have multiple stand alone CPUs. e.g. a dedicated CPU for remote control.

So the ONLY way this will work is to put it to sleep. This way the processor is still running and listening! Sleep uses less power but it's still on.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by gadget007 View Post
            Thanks Bob. I will just opt for sleep mode instead of power off. I am not use to sleep vs power off option. Is the calibration issue I mentioned the same on all air mice? I am looking something with a keyboard. Would I be better off with something like the Logitech kb 400.
            Technically.. TV's ( as Bob said ) aren't powered off... they are asleep. People just call it "off" even though technically it isn't.

If by "calibration" you mean aligning the pointer with the remotes location that it's pointing at... that is normal for an air mouse because there is no physical sides or top/bottom like it would be on say the Logitech K400r keyboard/trackpad. I use both types on my x7 ( the K400r and an air mouse remote )... it only took me a little bit to get used to using air mice and now I almost always align them automatically without thinking of it... the Logitech is handy because its a normal sized kb and has the option of the trackpad.

The term "calibration" in relation to air mice actually means a different function I believe... so what I described I tend to use the term "align" instead.

Comment

Sorry for bumping this thread. I also has a m1 downloaded a few games riptide etc. How do I use the m1 accelerometer as the game Controller? Is there a special setting I must enable? The remote and fly mode does work in all TV app. Just won't work in any games.

Comment

Remote control issues

Originally posted by Finless View Post

Bob
                Thanks for the explanation!
                In fact with our next firmware (official 002 fw), during sleep mode the box will consume less power than a TV when it's "OFF". A TV is truly off only when it has a real physical power switch... or unplug it from the socket if it doesn't.
                If users could accept the power a TV uses during sleep, we hope they could also accept ours... (It will be less than 0.2W which is much lower than the energy star requirement).

Comment

Working...
                X