Menu overlay won't hide on Youtube or HBOgo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Menu overlay won't hide on Youtube or HBOgo

I have been searching all over the internet for months to find a solution to this but I can't even find anyone who has seen a similar problem.

I have an MK809ii and everything works great except that whenever I watch a video in the youtube app and the HBO go app the seek/navigation bar and other menu overlays won't hide, and somewhat in the crackle app (just the top bar sticks, the bottom bar will hide) doesn't matter if it's full screen or not. If i click on the video the menus will disappear for a split second and pop right back up. this doesn't happen with netflix, hulu or xbmc videos. also if I watch youtube in the browser instead of the app it works fine.

I've tried several different roms: finless 1.7a, 2.0, stock mk802iiis, etc. both android 4.1 and 4.2. and different resolutions 720p 1080p. they all work fine except for the menu overlay problem which makes me think it's somehow a hardware problem.

I've tried turning on and off everything in the developer options and the force menu in status bar and autohide status bar options. nothing makes any difference. I thought maybe it was some landscape/portrait issue so I installed some apps to force orientations but that didn't do anything.

I'm not sure what to even search for to start tackling this issue?? Could it be an issue with the HDMI to my tv? I don't see any reference to this issue on any android device at all...

hm, I think this happens in another app as well... I think the only way to fix it was to unplug any usb mouse (or turn off airmouse?). Annoying, but might be a solution.

Comment

Originally posted by Bueno View Post
      hm, I think this happens in another app as well... I think the only way to fix it was to unplug any usb mouse (or turn off airmouse?). Annoying, but might be a solution.
      Yeah, I originally thought it could be a mouse problem, I tried with and without the usb mouse or the WiFi controller app on my phone. Didn't make any difference...

Comment

I definitely remember this topic coming up in the mk808 section, but I don't remember if there was a definite answer. Another thing I was thinking may have been a solution was to completely remove the status bar (then restart). Here is how to do that, explained by Finless:

An easier way to totally disable the status bar is to go into /system/app and rename SystemUI.apk to SystemUI.old. This will completely eliminate the status bar forever unless you rename it back.
        If it doesn't work, do a search in the mk808 section for the word overlay --- someone even took a video of it happening but like I said, don't know/remember if anyone came up with a solution.

Comment

Originally posted by Bueno View Post
          I definitely remember this topic coming up in the mk808 section, but I don't remember if there was a definite answer. Another thing I was thinking may have been a solution was to completely remove the status bar (then restart). Here is how to do that, explained by Finless:

If it doesn't work, do a search in the mk808 section for the word overlay --- someone even took a video of it happening but like I said, don't know/remember if anyone came up with a solution.
          Thanks for the suggestions. I searched and found the thread about removing the status bar and a thread about the youtube videos being all black...but nothing about the menus sticking.

went in and remove the systemui.apk and the bar went away. but that didn't help. I disabled HW overlay and that did nothing either.

I installed Xposed and the per app settings changer to try to force the screen resolution and dpi for youtube, maybe see if it works ok if it thinks its on a phone instead of a tablet? but for some reason it won't ever take the changes I make...guess I'll mess with it a bit more and see whats going on there.

Comment

I see what you mean, I tried searching for it and couldn't find the topic. I did a google search and saw something that sounds familiar --- it was either the solution or just another suggestion which didn't actually work... It's free so you have nothing to lose: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...orn.FullScreen a bit later I'll look for the thread/post. I'm 100% sure it was on freaktab, the guy put a link to a YouTube video demonstrating the issue.

edit: OK I did more looking around and I still can't find the thread --- but I think I remembered that the problem was actually the opposite --- the overlay wouldn't stay on the screen, it would only flick on for a second making it difficult to seek through a video. Hopefully you'll figure it out.
            Last edited by Bueno; 06-16-2014, 08:49.

Comment

Working...
            X