Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"PS3 wireless" or "Xbox 360 wired" Gamepad support for Tronsmart S89-H running Finless 1.7

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"PS3 wireless" or "Xbox 360 wired" Gamepad support for Tronsmart S89-H running Finless 1.7

Hi, it's my first thread on here so nice to meet you all...
    First of all i apologise for my bad grammar... (i'm from Belgium)
    Also excuse me if this came up already on the finless threads...

I have a Tronsmart S89-H running Finless 1.7 (btw it works wonderfull so far so thanks Bob...)
    I mainly want to use the Android box for emulating all the older consoles from yesteryear... (up to and including DS and PSX)
    And Media playback and playing touch games with a gamepad by using the gamekeyboard apk
    (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...t.gamekeyboard)

My 3 questions:
    1) Has anybody been able to set up an original PS3 Controller (wireless) to function properly?
    2) Has anybody been able to set up an original Xbox 360 Controller (wired)? Is this even possible?
    3) Has anybody been able to use any gamepad where all the buttons and sticks respond properly? Suggestions which (preferably wireless) ones and how you got them to function are welcome...

I can not get the PS3 and 360 controllers to work... (Even with the "sixaxis controller apk" i cannot get the PS3 controller to function...) (maybe I'm doing something wrong but I doubt it, I followed several tutorials and it does not work for me at all...)

I have tried my other pc/ps3 controllers
    (I tried about 7 from unknown brands and one "Logitech Chillstream for PS3")
    The only one functioning rather well is the "Logitech Chillstream" (right analogue stick doesn't register with most apk's, the left one acts as D-pad in most apk's)

If anyone knows how could you please (pretty please) post a tutorial/guideline on how to do it...
    I'm not a android exprert so please use "simple" instructions (if possible a step by step guide)

I most gratefull...
    Thank you in advance

Most probably the kernel lacks of gamepad drivers (xpad.ko, hid.ps3, etc).... In theory compilng those modules from amlogic source and doing an insmod could be added the support.

I hope tis can be done, because I use these devices mostly for gaming rather than video playbalck, and without gamepad support is rather useless.

Comment

Originally posted by skelton View Post
      Most probably the kernel lacks of gamepad drivers (xpad.ko, hid.ps3, etc).... In theory compilng those modules from amlogic source and doing an insmod could be added the support.

I hope tis can be done, because I use these devices mostly for gaming rather than video playbalck, and without gamepad support is rather useless.
      +1 for this, in case some developers can hear us

Comment

I always get segmentation fault

Comment

Originally posted by Dandroid534 View Post
          I always get segmentation fault
          How are insmodding them?

You need to be rooted, and compile kernel against your kernel version (3.10.33 I guess?), Then try from ADB or terminal:

su
          insmod /path/to/your/module/xpad.ko (for xbox gamepads for instance)

Comment

Originally posted by alucard369 View Post
            Hi, it's my first thread on here so nice to meet you all...
            First of all i apologise for my bad grammar... (i'm from Belgium)
            Also excuse me if this came up already on the finless threads...

I have a Tronsmart S89-H running Finless 1.7 (btw it works wonderfull so far so thanks Bob...)
            I mainly want to use the Android box for emulating all the older consoles from yesteryear... (up to and including DS and PSX)
            And Media playback and playing touch games with a gamepad by using the gamekeyboard apk
            (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...t.gamekeyboard)

My 3 questions:
            1) Has anybody been able to set up an original PS3 Controller (wireless) to function properly?
            2) Has anybody been able to set up an original Xbox 360 Controller (wired)? Is this even possible?
            3) Has anybody been able to use any gamepad where all the buttons and sticks respond properly? Suggestions which (preferably wireless) ones and how you got them to function are welcome...

I can not get the PS3 and 360 controllers to work... (Even with the "sixaxis controller apk" i cannot get the PS3 controller to function...) (maybe I'm doing something wrong but I doubt it, I followed several tutorials and it does not work for me at all...)

I have tried my other pc/ps3 controllers
            (I tried about 7 from unknown brands and one "Logitech Chillstream for PS3")
            The only one functioning rather well is the "Logitech Chillstream" (right analogue stick doesn't register with most apk's, the left one acts as D-pad in most apk's)

If anyone knows how could you please (pretty please) post a tutorial/guideline on how to do it...
            I'm not a android exprert so please use "simple" instructions (if possible a step by step guide)

I most gratefull...
            Thank you in advance
            Im a very disappointed in the minix x8h it was advertised as great for gaming that's why I brought mine & as it turns out you cant use the xbox or ps3 controllers with it ..my old mk809ii could use ps3 & xbox controllers so could my cx919,, im sure the devs will sort this out in time (well hears hoping)
            Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

i'm thinking about this myself... (for the last dew days)

the only reason i can think of is that the developers only want it to work "properly" witch the cheap looking knockoff Xbox gamepad they sell alongside of the hockey puck Android boxes...

I'm talking about the "G910"
              China-1 Stock | Buy NEW G910 Wireless Bluetooth Gamepad Game Controller for Android TV BOX/Mini PC/Smartphone/Tablet PC + IOS supported online at unbeatable prices. ✓Free Shipping ✓Limited Time Sale ✓Local Warehouses.

The thing is: the D-pad on these is total crap, it's way to spunge like to be responsive...
              and
              it also looks very cheaply made/constructed compared to a original PS3 or Xbox 360 controller

Comment

there is one thing i tried today

i have tested my mayflash ps3 dongle (made to use on PC) with my ps3 controller (wireless)
                this is what i'm talking about:

i connects and "works" in some apps.
                it responds but the analogue sticks don't register and almost none of my emulator apk's recognise the inputs of the shoulder buttons (some even register nothing)

Comment

the 3.10.33 source for this box contains xpad.c source file. I have trying to compile the kernel all day today but failed. The source is here:

GitHub is where people build software. More than 100 million people use GitHub to discover, fork, and contribute to over 420 million projects.

Is there a guide anywhere detailing the build procedure? or maybe someone with more knowledge can compile the module for us.

Comment

Attachement is xpad driver for S89 kernel 3.10.33.

xpad.ko is dependant the module gameport.ko. So you need

insmod gameport.ko
                    insmod xpad.ko

Regards,
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by woomg View Post

insmod gameport.ko
                      insmod xpad.ko

Regards,
                      Cool! Did you test these? I will try them and at least make sure they insmod OK.
                      I don't have a xbox controller but will make a update.zip to install these for people.

Bob
                      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Just tried ingame (Riptide GP2) on Tronsmart S89 with standard wired XBOX360 controller, it works perfectly. I can even control any software/menu with gamepad!
                        I noticed its keylayout was originally included in f/w
                        Vendor_045e_Product_028e.kl

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                          Cool! Did you test these? I will try them and at least make sure they insmod OK.
                          I don't have a xbox controller but will make a update.zip to install these for people.

Bob
                          Other user already confirmed this driver worked. He tested with 2 wired and 2 wireless controllers, and system recognize the whole 4 controllers. If you want whole set of drivers (including SideWinder, Logitech...etc), I will upload here. And, I was extract the .config from existing kernel, and confirmed the hid-sony driver already included(most of HID drivers are included).

Currently I am try to learn the unpack and repack the firmware, because I want to repack the boot.img with builtin PVR related modules. Your articles are very helpful to learn about firmware, Bob. Thanks,

woomg.
                          [PS] Bob, next time when you release the ROM please add following line to build.prop.
                          "service.adb.tcp.port=5555"
                          ADB work with USB cable is very complicated work, above option will be very helpful to connect device via network.

Comment

Originally posted by woomg View Post

insmod gameport.ko
                            insmod xpad.ko

Regards,
                            Looks like things are moving forward,Dose this fix the ps3 controller input
                            Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

since finless 1.7 has init.d support; how can I add a script to load the modules on boot?

Comment

Working...
                              X