No announcement yet.

New firmware 0617 for M8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can we consolidate this thread with the geekbuying rep new firmware?
    Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Originally posted by seadooxp30 View Post
      Does this have the fix for DTS audio? No matter what firmware I use I cant get DTS
      Me Two

Comment

Originally posted by ALI2KSA View Post
        Me Two
        I don't have anything to test DTS pass through but I can play DTS movies without any issue (PCM output).

Comment

Most important for me is stopping xbmc from:

* crashing itself
          * rebooting Android

periodically.

Creating a advancedsettings.xml file consisting of:

Code:
              <advancedsettings>
                <network>
                  <!--- The three settings will go in this space, between the two network tags. --->
                  <buffermode>1</buffermode>
                  <cachemembuffersize>0</cachemembuffersize>
                  <readbufferfactor>4.0</readbufferfactor>
                </network>
              </advancedsettings>
          and putting it in:
          Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata
          helped but only somewhat. The issue remains for me though slightly better now.

As it's probably a buffering, cache & disk management issue specially with bigger files or streaming delays, and/or other issue(s). That's the elusive elephant in the room that needs fixing. Probably more solid management of virtual memory with safeguards and checks.

Comment

One Glitch Noticed

Originally posted by Finless View Post
            Hmmmm guess I will have to make a ROM from this.

Bob
            This does seem to be the best of the bunch of factory releases - by quite a margin.

But I played a few 4K video clips through the Youtube addon in XBMC 13.1, which all started well but quickly bogged down to a crawl. Flashing back to Lifeforce, the same clips played smoothly through XBMC 13 RC1.

Comment

OK because the ENY M8 needs lots of help, I am going to work on this ROM now.

One thing I plan to add is 1080@24hz.

Also Xbox and joypad support.

Bob
              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Bob
                Excellent News

Thanks for you work

Trebor
                treboR
                Please consider
                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Awesomeness. Thank you!! Thank you!!

Bob

Comment

Bob
                    Cant wait to give it a try!

Comment

Great initiative Bob. Tried the firmware and it works fine. A few issues though I lost the 5Ghz Wifi for some reason.

My live TV app (Ziggo) shows no video but a black screen. Maybe you can have a look at this too?

Comment

I have problem with sound glitches on this firmware.
                        Anyone else?

/Magnus

Comment

I installed this new firmware but it's xbmc fails to launch, closes immediately!

Before I had Finless v1.6 ROM + oman's xbmc which worked fine. When I install oman's xbmc on top of this ROM's xbmc or uninstall xbmc and reinstall oman's xbmc it either does not display video (just plays audio) or if it does show video unlike before it is cropped and uncentered.

Can someone say either how to fix this or a download link to an xbmc that works without cropping on this particular image?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by washere View Post
                            I installed this new firmware but it's xbmc fails to launch, closes immediately!

Before I had Finless v1.6 ROM + oman's xbmc which worked fine. When I install oman's xbmc on top of this ROM's xbmc or uninstall xbmc and reinstall oman's xbmc it either does not display video (just plays audio) or if it does show video unlike before it is cropped and uncentered.

Can someone say either how to fix this or a download link to an xbmc that works without cropping on this particular image?

Thanks.
                            Try switching off all other video hw accelleration but leave on libstagefright

M

Comment

Thanks.
                              If you change the resolution to 1080i instead of 720p it will correct the cropping issue.

Comment

Thanks.
                                My 1.7 ROM will fix this issue as I made a 720P patcher like I did for my S89 1.7 ROM.

Stay tuned, I will have you a fix.

Oh and the problem is you have a 720P TV not a 1080P TV and this is the problem with all the new ROMs locking the desktop to 1080 resolution and screwing up APPs that look at this.

See here for more info for now:

Bob
                                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Working...
                                X