Can I Flash tablet under Windows 98?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I Flash tablet under Windows 98?

I have asked this same question in 5 difference forums so far, but, with no answers.

I hope that #6 is the charm

I have a Sanei N78 tablet with the RK3066 CPU. After replacing the battery, and having it work for a week, I tried to recharge it (which went OK in previous attempts). But this time instead of booting into Android nothing happened.Since things like this has happen before I tried a hard reboot (pressing power and the volume up buttons together). This time instead of a menu, I got an Android on its back with a big "!". And ever since I can't get pass the manufacture's spinning color wheel screen

Since nothing was helping I thought of trying to re-install the firmware, but, even this is a problem. First while I can get 2 drive icons in My Computer if I attached the tablet to the computer. I can't seem to get the computer to notice the tablet when I try to put it in to "firmware update mode." I don't even get the "unknown device" warning.

I have been using the Windows 2000 driver from the BK Batch Tool 1.5 exe because it was the only driver that my computer would even try to load. But when it gets to the "Select Device Driver" window its empty. Plus, on top of that when I try to run BK Batch Tool I kept being ask about missing DDL's.

Really, all I want to know in the end is 3 questions:

1: Can the tablet be fixed.
    2: Can A Windows 98 computer be used to do that fixing?
    3: And if a Windows 98 computer can be used, then how?

Will anyone give me an answer?
    Last edited by zentraleinheit; 06-19-2014, 00:58. Reason: spaceing errors

Hiya I'll start by saying I don't own your device or a RK3066, but I do own a RK3188 device and know others who have RK3188 devices and win8 (and win98 as you asked about) they have run into driver issues but ultimately fixed these.

I've always presumed Rockchip windows drivers are generic i.e not CPU specific therefore can't see a reason why you shouldn't be able to flash a new ROM via bootloader mode.
    Last edited by CaptainMidnight; 06-28-2014, 10:02.

Comment

An Answer At Last!

Originally posted by CaptainMidnight View Post
      Hiya I'll start by saying I don't own your device or a RK3066, but I do own a RK3188 device and know others who have RK3188 devices and win8 - they have run into driver issues but ultimately fixed these.

I've always presumed Rockchip windows drivers are generic i.e not CPU specific therefore can't see a reason why you shouldn't be able to flash a new ROM via bootloader mode.
      First, thanks for replying, you are the only one who ever had

Second, as for Rockchip windows drivers being generic, I don't think so since even their own driver downloads are divided into 32 and 64 bits versions of Windows 2000,Vista,XP, Win7.

Third, I have given up
      There is something so inherently wrong with this tablet that I think even flashing it won't help. I'll just go buy another cheep Chinese tablet and hope that this one last longer.

Comment

When I said "generic" I meant exactly that i.e. for different Rockchip devices RK3066, RK3188 etc you could probably use the same driver pack - obviously there will be different windows and 32/64 bit drivers in the "generic" pack.

Sorry I wasn't more specific for you.

Comment

Working...
        X