Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rii K25A accuracy

Hello,

I just bought a Rii K25A (it's my first air mouse) but somehow i got the feeling the cursor isn't accurate or responsive enough, am i supposed to "calibrate" it, if yes, how ?.

** I'm using it with a Minix Neo X7 (QS V3.1).

If calibration is needed (not likely) the manual should say how to do it. Air mouse will be a little loopy sometimes. Think about how you sometimes need to move your mouse around on the mouse pad to keep it from falling off. Do the same thing with air mouse by moving it quickly back to front and centered with your hand.
    Currently Inactive on Freaktab.com
    I use: MK903V | MELE F10 Deluxe | Roku 3600R
    RIP: MK808b | MK809III | PIPO M9 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by xtremeclock View Post
      Hello,

I just bought a Rii K25A (it's my first air mouse) but somehow i got the feeling the cursor isn't accurate or responsive enough, am i supposed to "calibrate" it, if yes, how ?.

** I'm using it with a Minix Neo X7 (QS V3.1).
      Hi,

how do you like the mouse so far?
      i am thinking of buying it for my minix neo x7.

does the ir side work perfect with x7 and did you try to program it?

Thanks,
      Vab

Comment

hey i have the riii i25 (not A) First i was disapointed about the air mouse, then after some minutes i've tamed it and i'm now happy with it, you need to make small movements, not larges!! you dont need to move the whole remote, only the top.. if you understand what i mean..

i want to ask you a question, do your Mic is working on android ? (google now etc...) if yes i think i will sell my one to buy the A model

Comment

Originally posted by guy123 View Post
          hey i have the riii i25 (not A) First i was disapointed about the air mouse, then after some minutes i've tamed it and i'm now happy with it, you need to make small movements, not larges!! you dont need to move the whole remote, only the top.. if you understand what i mean..

i want to ask you a question, do your Mic is working on android ? (google now etc...) if yes i think i will sell my one to buy the A model
          Thanks for the info. I just got mine yesterday and started programing the IR side of it. I could successfully teach everything I wanted to. I programmed the TV/AV button to turn off/on the TV and the power button to turn off/on the X7. One question, how do you program the mute button to mute the X7? I have currentlty set it to mute the TV speakers.

I tried using mic, but it did not work straight away. I will have to look into it and google a bit about it. I will share any info I get and if I can get it working.

One question, how do you set the sound output to k25? I could not see any option in the settings. I am using Wasser 1.0.3a

Vab

Comment

Originally posted by vab.android View Post
            One question, how do you program the mute button to mute the X7? I have currentlty set it to mute the TV speakers.
            all the orange buttons are IR only. so MUTE is only for TV/HI-FI

Comment

Originally posted by guy123 View Post
              all the orange buttons are IR only. so MUTE is only for TV/HI-FI
              Yeah, I know that. I have a work around for now. I have set the mute button to mute the TV speakers and it works well for me. And yes, I could get the mic working. I dont know what I did, but I restarted the box and also adjusted the pointer speed in Language and Input (I am not sure which one pushed the box to detect the remote). I have not tried with very many thing, I just tried google search option with the mic and it worked well from about 7-8 feet. I still have to try it from a little far. I also could use the headphone jack successfully, however it gives noise at a distance more than 10 feet. And you have to keep the remote steady in order to have clear sound in the headphones.

Vab

Comment

i use a USB sound card, and there noise interferences in the speakers when i move the air mouse, otherwise when i don't move or disable the mouse it's ok.

Comment

one thing i have a hard time getting used to is that the directional keypad is IR only. every instinct makes me want to use the directional pad and 'ok' button as the android controls.

The built in 'lag' algorithm is a little too weird. wish it was either adjustable, or defeatable.

I love the controller for the Zeki TAB303, but the keys don't entirely map on the Vega S89.

For example Home does nothing. ALso, so far, on the Vega S89H, i do not see any suggestion that the MIc or speaker/headphone jack is recognized...

The LED's on the K25A are WEAK-SAUCE. They are 2 miles below the translucent membrane, and it looks poorly planned.

The LED for the IR programming is almost invisible when the airmouse function is turned on.

Also the remote never seems to turn itself off... (red light stays on seemingly forever)

the look and feel of the K25A is great overall. THe key-click is solid (maybe a shade too resistsnt) and well defined.

Pulling down the Notification area is a little clunky as far as the gesture/airmouse goes -- the 'smoothing' (lag filter) is a bit UNNATURAL. I could see it being great for someone with a shakey hand, but if you're at all dextrous and steady, the lag/smoothing is more annoying than helpful...

ALso the relative positions of the left-mouse-click button, the 'back' button, and the home buttons, are unnatural.

Search pulls up google search on the Vega S89A.
                  Home pulls up home.

I found myself wishing for about 3 more buttons for the IR section.

For the TV i feel i need (minimally):
                  Power
                  Volume (2)
                  Mute
                  Menu
                  Directional (4)
                  Enter/OK/Select (1)
                  Sleep (i use it)
                  And maybe 4 others for various

but i also feel like the Android (RF) needs it's own set of directional buttons and in the center of it an "OK"/enter/select button

Maybe the ability to switch the directionals back and forth between the IR and RF

Also desperately with it was backlit... hard to see alternate orange functions on the keyboard side in a dim room
                  Last edited by etyrnal; 01-17-2015, 02:08.

Comment

Working...
                  X