X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick Question Before I buy an CS968

Hey everyone,

I'm looking at these android boxes here:

China-1 Stock | Buy TV01(CS968) RK3188T Quad Core Google Android 4.2 OS Cortex-A9 1.4GHz Mini TV BOX 2G/8G Bluetooth/Mic/Camera/RJ45/External Wifi Antenna - Black online at unbeatable prices. ✓Free Shipping ✓Limited Time Sale ✓Local Warehouses.

I'm looking to run XBMC and streaming media within XBMC, not looking to play any high bitrate mkv/avi/etc files. Will these perform well for my needs? Is there anything I should know before purchasing? Is there screen flickering? I heard the RK3188T's have problems with that. Is the rom support for these boxes good?

I would appreciate any help.

Don't be so lazy

Read the forum and you will know as much as everyone else

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

Comment

a very productive response, thank you. I'll reply in kind.
      Last edited by tattman65; 06-25-2014, 17:15. Reason: cursing in a post .

Comment

Originally posted by EGM92 View Post
        Hey everyone,

I'm looking at these android boxes here:

China-1 Stock | Buy TV01(CS968) RK3188T Quad Core Google Android 4.2 OS Cortex-A9 1.4GHz Mini TV BOX 2G/8G Bluetooth/Mic/Camera/RJ45/External Wifi Antenna - Black online at unbeatable prices. ✓Free Shipping ✓Limited Time Sale ✓Local Warehouses.

I'm looking to run XBMC and streaming media within XBMC, not looking to play any high bitrate mkv/avi/etc files. Will these perform well for my needs? Is there anything I should know before purchasing? Is there screen flickering? I heard the RK3188T's have problems with that. Is the rom support for these boxes good?

I would appreciate any help.
        My friend my advice to you, don't purchase the CS968 ...! If I were in the market for a new Android TV box SEE ARTICLE By CNET HERE https://plus.google.com/communities/...artnerid=gplp0, I would wait on the new coming Google Android TV box{To Be Announced Tomorrow 6/26/2014 At The 2014 Google I/O} or I would purchase a new CR11S, it's 4K READY, plus Cloudnetgo upgrade their boxes, while the CS968 manufactures very rarely update their CS968 boxes, it's your choice ... You can get the 4K READY CR11S HERE http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2013-...424683447.html ...

Comment

Originally posted by Tech1 View Post
          My friend my advice to you, don't purchase the CS968 ...! If I were in the market for a new Android TV box SEE ARTICLE By CNET HERE https://plus.google.com/communities/...artnerid=gplp0, I would wait on the new coming Google Android TV box{To Be Announced Tomorrow 6/26/2014 At The 2014 Google I/O} or I would purchase a new CR11S, it's 4K READY, plus Cloudnetgo upgrade their boxes, while the CS968 manufactures very rarely update their CS968 boxes, it's your choice ... You can get the 4K READY CR11S HERE http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2013-...424683447.html ...
          Very good advice from someone that is an expert on these particular boxes.
          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Thank you, I looked into the CR11S it does look like a much better device. Looking over pictures of the device I don't see a power button, is that correct?

Comment

Thank you, I looked into the CR11S it does look like a much better device. Looking over pictures of the device I don't see a power button, is that correct?
              No power button needed ...!(lol) It just works ..! My next new Android TV box will be the new Google Android TV box, as soon as they say you can pre-order, I will pre-order ...!(lol)

Comment

Great thanks, I'll try to buy one of these. How has the cheapest possible price?

Comment

Great thanks, I'll try to buy one of these. How has the cheapest possible price?
                  If you are talking about the new coming Google Android TV box, it will not be coming out until this coming fall of the year ...

Comment

Working...
                  X