Reset Button M8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reset Button M8

What does pressing the reset button do on the M8?
    Can you reset the firmware to how the box first arrived? Or might you lose the modified ROM that has xbmc pre loaded?

Originally posted by marty17 View Post
    What does pressing the reset button do on the M8?
    Can you reset the firmware to how the box first arrived? Or might you lose the modified ROM that has xbmc pre loaded?

cant find the reset button on this: http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6062963039.html

Comment

Originally posted by zorbiz View Post
      cant find the reset button on this: http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6062963039.html
      You wont find the reset button on the M8 square box as it don't have one sorry I cant help more.
      Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Reset click is inside A/V hole, next to power input. It loads recovery mode.

Comment

Originally posted by washere View Post
          Reset click is inside A/V hole, next to power input. It loads recovery mode.
          Great find washere, I new the M8 round box had one in the AV hole but did not no the square box had one too,
          Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Not my discovery, hehe just needs being gentle once it clicks, i use a nail as the head is easy on the finger and gives precise control.

People have reported flashing via reset button recovery avoided problems vs. going into recovery via software apps, so i flash new roms with the nail just in case.

Comment

So will it reset my unit back to hoe i received it?

Example: If i made some mistakes in XBMC, instead of correcting them. Could i use the reset button to default the whole unit back to how it was shipped?

Comment

If you just factory reset then it keeps current Rom.

When you factory reset or install a new Rom it wipes all the apps & user data.

Originally posted by marty17 View Post
                So will it reset my unit back to hoe i received it?

Example: If i made some mistakes in XBMC, instead of correcting them. Could i use the reset button to default the whole unit back to how it was shipped?

Comment

Working...
                X