Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgade M8 Firmware

Hi

Bit of a noob alert here before I start.

I just ordered the M8 box (square) and I want to try and get the best experience from it so before I add apps or anything I want to put the best FW on it.

From reading around I believe Finless 1.7 is the way to go along with Oman XBMC?? I'm a little confused on how it all works to be honest so I have a few questions that I would like to ask if anyone would be kind enough to answer for me?

1. Is the M8 box already rooted or do I need to root it myself? If I need to root it how do I go about doing it?? This thread looks like it might be the answer but all the comments in it say it hasn't worked for them so I don tknow it this is the case or not??

2. Once I have it rooted or if it's rooted already then I need to flash the Finless 1.7 onto it? I have already downloaded it from here and the readme looks pretty straightforward. Is all I have to do is make sure the box is rooted and then just follow option 1??

3. Where can I find Oman's latest XBMC for this box? I've looked around and I cant seem to find it??

4. Can I then use a custom launcher like TV Launcher or Nova Launcher to change the home screen to work the way I want it and use widgets etc??

5. And lastly, can I then add whatever apps I want to use from the play store to the box the same way I would with my phone etc?

Sorry for all the questions, I haven't even received the box yet but I would like to get an idea of what I need to do before it arrives. Thanks for your help.

BM

The M8 with factory software most likely is not rooted.

No need to root it if you plan on flashing finless 1.7 via toothpick method. once it's finished flashing his firmware is rooted.

oman's xbmc is here:

xbmc which can Play 4k/rmvb/h265 video on amlogic s802 platform

Comment

You're a star - Thanks a million!

Comment

Working...
      X