Minix X8-H Beta 3 Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minix X8-H Beta 3 Issues

I could not install the latest Minix Beta 3 FW using the settings in their posted directions. Specifically, Minix states to use "Force Erase All" under configurations when flashing the image. The only way I could get the image to load properly is to use "NORMAL". I believe Bob (Finless) also stated this in his posted notes.

I also noted that while the TCP buffer was increased the maximum I could download using wifi was only 31 Mbps while I could D/L at 54 <Mbps using Ethernet (my maximum). Using Bob (Finless) tweaks for the previous beta I could always get the same speed whether using wifi or ethenet.

Originally posted by toymanedk View Post
    I could not install the latest Minix Beta 3 FW using the settings in their posted directions. Specifically, Minix states to use "Force Erase All" under configurations when flashing the image. The only way I could get the image to load properly is to use "NORMAL". I believe Bob (Finless) also stated this in his posted notes.

I also noted that while the TCP buffer was increased the maximum I could download using wifi was only 31 Mbps while I could D/L at 54 <Mbps using Ethernet (my maximum). Using Bob (Finless) tweaks for the previous beta I could always get the same speed whether using wifi or ethenet.
    I just installed it with "Force Erase All" checked, worked out fine. But wifi is slow for me too. Only around 20Mbps.

Comment

May Boot - But Former FW..Not Beta 3

Originally posted by Trhuster View Post
      I just installed it with "Force Erase All" checked, worked out fine. But wifi is slow for me too. Only around 20Mbps.
      When I used "Forced Erase All" it booted..but it was still the former F/W...the beta3 did not install unless I used "Normal"...I realized this when all my programs and XBMC settings were still from Beta2 using "Forced Erase All". You should have to reenter all your settings again if Beta3 installed fully....otherwise you still will have Beta 2 installed.

Comment

The flash tool has a bug with force erase all. It does NOT erase and leaves things behind from the previous ROM.

Just use normal erase and you will be fine.

I am uploading a flashable ZIP format now of beta 3. One that works

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by toymanedk View Post
          When I used "Forced Erase All" it booted..but it was still the former F/W...the beta3 did not install unless I used "Normal"...I realized this when all my programs and XBMC settings were still from Beta2 using "Forced Erase All". You should have to reenter all your settings again if Beta3 installed fully....otherwise you still will have Beta 2 installed.

Yea if Forced Erase All meaning it will really erase all it does not do that for me. But when check for info in settings/phone it says todays date (beta 3).

Comment

Originally posted by Trhuster View Post
            Yea if Forced Erase All meaning it will really erase all it does not do that for me. But when check for info in settings/phone it says todays date (beta 3).
            Yes but you have junk left over from beta 2!

Many folders are setup and created on first boot and not just /data!
            /sys is one important one as an example.

There is a reason Minix is releasing these as only .img flash tool ROMs for now. They want it erased and a clean system for testing. If you did not erase and have issues, your not helping Minix but possibly causing confusion for them by possibly reporting bugs that don't exist.

My suggestion would be to reflash and use normal erase.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
              Yes but you have junk left over from beta 2!

Many folders are setup and created on first boot and not just /data!
              /sys is one important one as an example.

There is a reason Minix is releasing these as only .img flash tool ROMs for now. They want it erased and a clean system for testing. If you did not erase and have issues, your not helping Minix but possibly causing confusion for them by possibly reporting bugs that don't exist.

My suggestion would be to reflash and use normal erase.

Bob
              Ok, i will flash it again. But Minix causing confusion when telling users to upgrade it in a way that is incorrect.

Comment

It's possible there is more than one version of the flash tool around.

Minix, what version of the flash tool are you using in the lab?

The latest version I got was:
                v2.0.0.140306

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                  It's possible there is more than one version of the flash tool around.

Minix, what version of the flash tool are you using in the lab?

The latest version I got was:
                  v2.0.0.140306

Bob
                  Thx for help Bob. Did "Normal Erase" and now all old stuff was gone. First thing i tested was Wifi, around 20Mbps when playing jellyfishtest. Ethernet gave my 70Mbps.

But one thing i noticed that my A2 airmouse stutter alot when playing video over wifi. When playing same video over ethernet A2 airmouse is normal even when testing jellyfish 70Mbps.

Edit: Noticed that it is alot cooler now, from around 60c to around 40c. Nice!

Comment

First Impressions of Beta 3

It took a while to settle down, but once it did, there's a lot to like here: stable, fluid and fast.

On Minix Beta 3, completely stock (and with Bob Finless' TCP/IP tweak incorporated), my Ethernet speed - as measured by Ookla-SpeedTest - can be seen here:

Use Speedtest on all your devices with our free desktop and mobile apps.

A new record, I think.

- My Antutu score is 21140 - not too shabby, and up by 1200 over Beta 2.

- Minix XBMC runs beautifully, with no A/V sync issues at 1080p (or any other resolution).

Comment

Problem with my minix neo x8-H

Hello guys,
                      I am a new member here , i bought minix neo x8-H 3 days ago and it was working fine but yesterday when i turned it on than it stucks on minix logo loading screen after that nothing sometimes when i turn it on it loads the minix logo loading screen after that screen goes black and nothing after that.So one of my friend advised that installing new rom can solve this problem so i installed Finless bob's x8-H Rom but its still same , it loads up freaky tab finless rom logo after that it goes black screen , never boots up android.
                      Any help for me?

Comment

so has anyone seen any random reboots on beta 3? or am i the only one?
                        no xposed. ive tried with bobs tweaker, and without. with cpu fix and without and i still see random reboots/.
                        as an experiment, i flashed the cpu fixer from bobs finless rom 1.0 which basically reverts the kernel back to the may 29th version and i havent seen 1 reboot since. idk.. maybe a beta 4 is in the works from minix..

edit: and hopefully i dont sound frustrated. im not really. its why i love getting into android roms; the freedom, and really is enjoyable to mess around. otherwise i would leave it stock. but a random reboot really grinds my gears!

right now im having good results with the older kernel. till i start messing around again

which reminds me, was thinking of re-downloading the beta and trying to flash again. i cant figure what would make my case special..
                        Last edited by cuezaireekaa; 06-30-2014, 06:01.

Comment

Re: Minix X8-H Beta 3 Issues

Originally posted by FreakyTabFreak View Post
                          Hello guys,
                          I am a new member here , i bought minix neo x8-H 3 days ago and it was working fine but yesterday when i turned it on than it stucks on minix logo loading screen after that nothing sometimes when i turn it on it loads the minix logo loading screen after that screen goes black and nothing after that.So one of my friend advised that installing new rom can solve this problem so i installed Finless bob's x8-H Rom but its still same , it loads up freaky tab finless rom logo after that it goes black screen , never boots up android.
                          Any help for me?
                          have you resolved this? i would suggest a full wipe of data AND media which will wioe internal storage completely, then flash the rom. i noticed that just doing a factory reset in recovery left some things from a previous install

Comment

Originally posted by cuezaireekaa View Post
                            have you resolved this? i would suggest a full wipe of data AND media which will wioe internal storage completely, then flash the rom. i noticed that just doing a factory reset in recovery left some things from a previous install
                            Thanks for your reply mate , yesterday I contacted geek buying and told them about this issue and they told me to try to turn on with another charger so I tried with another charger I was having in spare , the device turned on 2-3 times but as usuall stuck on minix loading screen and now the minix neo X8-H is not even turning on , can not see blue led light nor I can see any signal on tv , i tried with both wall chargers but no success , is my device got problem ?

Comment

I still get random soft reset after some inactivity. Same issue with Beta2.

Comment

Working...
                              X