Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

N101 - More WiFi issues - solution FOUND! Possible battery icon fix too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

N101 - More WiFi issues - solution FOUND! Possible battery icon fix too!

OK so I have not had any bad wifi issues and now that adhoc works, I am now fighting another problem.

I have Time Warner internet here in California. As a cable customer they have wifi hot spots all over the area. Well I cannot connect to them. I keep getting "obtaining IP address" and it resets and keeps cycling through "obtaining IP address". I was hoping the wpa_supplicant that enables adhoc would also fix this issue. But it di not.

So today I was able to get time to get a logcat through ADB. What it is saying is DHCP time out. None of my other mobile devices have this problem. So it is a firmware issue.

So add another thing to the list to work on.....
    I think I am going to try the Cube30 and N90 wlan.ko files and see what it does as a first test.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

That is exactly what is happening with my 10bG3, using Cox Internet. It isn't as bad if WPA is turned off, but I can't leave my net like that. The 10G2 doesn't do that.

I thought it was my router, but it's happening with multiple different routers. I hope you can find a fix.

Randy
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

That is not the same problem. I am connecting to a open (no wep, wpa, etc) hotspot. Once connected your suppose to open your browsers and logon to your account. This is very common setup like at hotels, airports, etc.

Your having problems connecting to your own personal router. BUT.... the DHCP timeout thing could be related if your router is taking too long to give you an IP address.

Bob

Comment

Just to add...My 10 G2 can see and connect to my netgear router, but the yuandao can't even see it (no security). Kind of odd.

Comment

FIXED THIS ISSUE!

I have fixed this issue!!!!

So seeing that the n90 is also a dual core etc. I decided to have a look. It is a more mature ROM for sure. Yuandao has had a few releases on it already.

So as a test and using my flash tool that allows you to flash "parts" of a ROM, I flashed everything n101 but flashed the n90 system.img. BINGO!!!! The DHCP timeout issue is now fixed. I can connect to unsecure networks with slow DHCP servers assigning an IP address!

Now even though I say it is fixed, I have to now go find the bin, lib, and .ko modules to take from the n90 system.img to put back in the N101 ROM. So stay tuned. For sure this can be fixed.

Battery Icon may also be fixed!
          Oh and also, the battery icon seems more accurate and seems to work better!
          So this may also be fixed as well. If someone is willing to test flashing the n90 system.img I can post it up with instructions. I would like to see if the battery icon is fixed for people that have that problem. If it works then I have fixed this issue on many other tablets using known working smali files. If someone is willing to test flashing the n90 system.img I can post it up with instructions. I would like to see if the battery icon is fixed for people that have that problem. I do not have that problem but again this one seems to update way bettery!

So anyone with the battery icon problem willing to test?

Bob

Comment

Great news Bob!!!!!

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2
            Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
            <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
            <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
            <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
            https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
            </form>

Comment

Nice! Your the man Bob

I did not notice a problem with the battery icon, so it would be pointless for me to test....sorry.

Although I would be willing to test other things if testing needs done. Would be a pleasure to help out.

Comment

Well I played around for a bit pulling files out of the N90 and ADB pushing them to the N101 ROM. One by one and then BANG... got it and was able to connect without DHCP timeout. So to be sure, I reflashed and replace the files that I thought fixed it and... crap! Back to the same problem and I could not fix it

So it appears it's a combination of files. Some from /system/lib/modules, dhcp binary from /system/bin, and some files from /system/etc. Still working to find what it is exactly. I do not like to just patch over files but like to know where the difference is.

So, since this problem only happens to me at work. It wont be until Monday before I can work on it again.

Actually I do have to say. the n90 system.img with everything else n101 is pretty damn stable! I may have to say screw it with the N101 until Yuandao updates it, and build a ROM based on the n90 system files.

Bob

Comment

Please, Bob, make your custom ROM version with N90 system.img. There is above 300 people who had bought this tab on our russian forum 4PDA and waitin' for great ROM.

Comment

OK back at the office where I can test my fix for the wifi DHCP timeout on slow hotspots. I have confirmed I have fixed it now

So ROM coming soon... It will not be 100% N90. In fact it will be selected files from the N90 ROM that fix things and put into the AussiePad July 27 ROM.

Bob

Comment

Working...