I am confused now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am confused now.

Hi sorry, i am new to Minix Neo X8H and i see so many ROMS and Betas and Updates.

Which ones should i get for a smooth playback?

i am sure many newbies like me needs answering like this.

Also i would like to check, previously i used MK808 and used MX Player to get a good quality playback from it. Do I also need to do the same for a H/W acc support or the stock player good enough to handle all files? (eg. MKV, Flash)

Thanks in Advance.

HI

Till now the best should be the BETA 004 firmware, however, it is still beta, if you can wait, the minix will release the official firmware asap, and then you can use the official version.

Eric
    Looking for developers
    http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

Yes it still beta..they make reviews how great player is..and after everybody preorders..gets item and you see that software is in beta stage...so they now can say-oh we will fix that in next update..as with all chinese brands... New chipset comes they make new item and leaves old ones behind. That's the reality. so there is no and i guess never will be ideal system...only ideal promises.

Comment

Ok decided on Finless 1.0 ROM cause i hated that Minix Metro launcher.

Btw, Which XBMC is most stable? Omans Xbmc or Minix XBMC?

Comment

Originally posted by tommix View Post
          Yes it still beta..they make reviews how great player is..and after everybody preorders..gets item and you see that software is in beta stage...so they now can say-oh we will fix that in next update..as with all chinese brands... New chipset comes they make new item and leaves old ones behind. That's the reality. so there is no and i guess never will be ideal system...only ideal promises.
          I have noticed this also with these chinese made players. Pivos used to do that when I owned that player, but ended up having to return it because I could see where it was headed. They also were very defensive against anyone who posted anything negative about their player on Amazon. Apparently we are not allowed to state the truth, but they can take our money.

Comment

YOLO

Originally posted by tommix View Post
            Dude its cheap, good specs and new SOC. so i am all ok with Buggy Stuffs! Even big companies like SONY Playstation send in OTA updates to correct their bugs every now and then. There will never be a perfect technology. We just have to keep updating and upgrading every now and then. YOLO.... so stop complaining and enjoy what you have......Besides that... no companies have forced you to buy any of their products we buy it out of our own will. Good or Bad, i guess its up to each individual.

Even good ones like Amazon Fire TVs have their own flaws(less usb ports. etc) The very good ones just use same technology and charge you a higher price and at the end of the day, you are still using Android and XBMC. By the way....this is just my 2 cents.....

Comment

Working...
            X