Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T R-42 problems with kit kat Wasser 1.03

Dear friends

A couple of weeks ago I bought my T-R42 following its very good reputation.

When it arrived, the first thing I did was test it completely.

Then I thought that it was time to play harder.

I installed Wasser 1.03 and then began the problems.

The ethernet dissapeard, booting process was so solow and the remote control too.

I'm thinking about how to do a full wipe and reinstall the stock rom to verify it again, then reinstall Wasser rom again to enjoy it completely.

I don't know if it is possible but I hope it should repair it.

Could someone help me to do it? where can I find the instructions?

Waiting for your help.

BR.

Originally posted by eskandemor View Post
    Dear friends

The ethernet dissapeard, booting process was so solow and the remote control too.

I'm thinking about how to do a full wipe and reinstall the stock rom to verify it again, then reinstall Wasser rom again to enjoy it completely.

Waiting for your help.

BR.
    I dont get the question..
    You know howto upgrade..as you installed kitkat..

are you asking for stock firmware? what pcb do you have?

--update..
    Looking at your posting history.. you have a T-R42 B351 V3.2 ??
    and you posted where there is a stock FW...

Are you looking for this.. about bootloader (downgrading from kitkat to 4.2) ?

easyer.. howto found here

Goodluck
    Last edited by mitchell4you; 07-06-2014, 21:55. Reason: easyer.. howto found

Comment

Thank you mitchell4you for your time.

The question is that I don't know what is happening with my device.

I think that the best way to clean it is with a full system wipe and reinstall the firmware completely.

Then I was asking if it was possible and the instructions to follow and do it.

I downloaded the stock rom correctly, but when I try to install it, the device doesn't works.

Reading your post, I'm thinking about the possibily of install a new loader, but I don't konw where I can find it to flash the device.

Thank you very much.

Comment

Dear all.
        I've been reading some threads and learning a lot from all of them

Finally I got the solution and installed the stock rom again. I want to test the device completely before install again Wasser kit kat.

Ethernet works again and fast as normally

Thanks for your help.

Comment

First you need to establish what version your device is then flash back to stock ROM that should get everything working
          My Device: T-R42
          ROM: Wasser ?????
          Peripherals: 5Port USB-2 Hub : Logitech K700 Keyboard : Buffalo 1TB HDD : 32 GB MicroSD : Wireless Xbox360 Controller : 5amp switch mode power supply

Comment

Goo morning friends.
            Yesterday night I installed a stcok rom correctly and the device was working correctly.
            Then I tried to install again KitKat 1.03 Wasser and I found an error mesage in my display.
            Here it is .
            Any idea?
            BR

Comment

Goo morning friends.
              Yesterday night I installed a stcok rom correctly and the device was working correctly.
              Then I tried to install again KitKat 1.03 Wasser and I found an error mesage in my display.
              Here it is .
              Any idea?
              BR
              I faced similar error messages (maybe not exactly the same) while the rom was unpacking / installing on my T-R42 v1.1 and after that completed the unit rebooted and came back ok. So I do not believe those error messages are really cauing any serios harm.

what happens after it formats all partitions and unpacks the image files? Does it at least complete and reboots itself?

Comment

Originally posted by JoKeRz View Post
                I faced similar error messages (maybe not exactly the same) while the rom was unpacking / installing on my T-R42 v1.1 and after that completed the unit rebooted and came back ok. So I do not believe those error messages are really cauing any serios harm.

what happens after it formats all partitions and unpacks the image files? Does it at least complete and reboots itself?
                Yes it reboots but takes 10 minutes with the wasser logo in the display. When it finishes another error message appears saying something like this "the system is not reponding, wait or cancel?"
                then I put wait and it works very slow without ethernet and wifi is to slow.

Regards.

Comment

Yes it reboots but takes 10 minutes with the wasser logo in the display. When it finishes another error message appears saying something like this "the system is not reponding, wait or cancel?"
                  then I put wait and it works very slow without ethernet and wifi is to slow.

Regards.
                  Can you confirm your PCB is v3.2 as previously pointed out by mitchell4you? If so, as far as I know wasser kitkat 1.03 does not support your board yet. I am just guessing here but it could be some conflict of drivers vs your hardware, or even how the nand is partioned. It is hard to nail down, but if you are willing to troubleshoot this further, here are a few things you can try:

- connect your PC via microsd cable and get a logcat dump via adb. Also, try to go on linux shell (adb shell) and dump the dmesg.

- using the stock firmware, you can dump the mtd table, GPIO pin configuration and dmesg messages and send to wasser (ask in the wasser kk rom thread if he is willing to port his rom to your pcb version). If you search on freaktab you will see how to do that.

- Lastly, you could open your box (4 screws underneath the rubber pads at the bottom) and identify the hardware it has. For example, try to get the chip names similarly to this picture: https://imageshack.com/i/0uzoqap

Also, just out of curiosity, have you tried both "new" and "old" versions of wasser KK 1.03? Do they both give the same result?

Comment

Originally posted by JoKeRz View Post
                    Can you confirm your PCB is v3.2 as previously pointed out by mitchell4you? If so, as far as I know wasser kitkat 1.03 does not support your board yet. I am just guessing here but it could be some conflict of drivers vs your hardware, or even how the nand is partioned. It is hard to nail down, but if you are willing to troubleshoot this further, here are a few things you can try:

- connect your PC via microsd cable and get a logcat dump via adb. Also, try to go on linux shell (adb shell) and dump the dmesg.

- using the stock firmware, you can dump the mtd table, GPIO pin configuration and dmesg messages and send to wasser (ask in the wasser kk rom thread if he is willing to port his rom to your pcb version). If you search on freaktab you will see how to do that.

- Lastly, you could open your box (4 screws underneath the rubber pads at the bottom) and identify the hardware it has. For example, try to get the chip names similarly to this picture: https://imageshack.com/i/0uzoqap

Also, just out of curiosity, have you tried both "new" and "old" versions of wasser KK 1.03? Do they both give the same result?
                    Hi again.

As you can see here this is my MB model. Complete picture

Now let me answer your comments.

- I think you want mean connect cable via micro USB, do you?, then tell me what I have to do to get a log or a dump because I'm don't have linux OS in any computer, so probably I should make a virtual machine to run it and it's so difficult for me now.

- About the picture, give me a bit of time and I'll prepare you a similar one with my chipset and components.

Thank you very much for your time.

Comment

Want to report: After installation this firmware T-R42 - wasser firmware - Kikat Android 4.4.2on board v.3.2 box is loading very long about 10 minutes.
                      Also there are litlle lags in interface. Who know how to resolve problem with long boot time..
                      I think problem is with some drivers. But dont know how to resolve this problem.
                      I wrote to wasser and
                      lewy20041 but didnt recieve answer..

photo of my PCB https://www.dropbox.com/s/1bpogw0539...2022.39.16.jpg
                      My Device: Tronsmart Vega S89-H [ROM] leolas 1.1.0

Comment

Originally posted by BURJUY View Post
                        Want to report: After installation this firmware T-R42 - wasser firmware - Kikat Android 4.4.2on board v.3.2 box is loading very long about 10 minutes.
                        Also there are litlle lags in interface. Who know how to resolve problem with long boot time..
                        I think problem is with some drivers. But dont know how to resolve this problem.
                        I wrote to wasser and
                        lewy20041 but didnt recieve answer..

photo of my PCB https://www.dropbox.com/s/1bpogw0539...2022.39.16.jpg
                        hi mate, we're in the same case.
                        In wasser we Trust!!
                        lets wait for further version .

Comment

I was was wondering from where did you buy your t-r42?
                          thanks

Dear friends

Waiting for your help.

BR.

Comment

Originally posted by moebeman View Post
                            I was was wondering from where did you buy your t-r42?
                            thanks
                            I bought it at Geekbuying.com

Comment

I bought it at Geekbuying.com
                              Good to know. I will let them know to make sure it's v2 on my purchase (if they still have v2)

Comment

Working...
                              X