Another ROM comparison!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another ROM comparison!

So I finally got around to comparing the Yuandao "official" ROM to the latest release 20120727 which is from AuzziePad. Guess what? Other than build.prop and flash player, system.img is 100% the same.

So Auzzipad really did no programming changes to the stock system from Yuandao! The biggest difference as I explained before is the kernel 485 vs 338 used by Yuandao.

So just an FYI....

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Originally posted by Finless View Post
    So I finally got around to comparing the Yuandao "official" ROM to the latest release 20120727 which is from AuzziePad. Guess what? Other than build.prop and flash player, system.img is 100% the same.

So Auzzipad really did no programming changes to the stock system from Yuandao! The biggest difference as I explained before is the kernel 485 vs 338 used by Yuandao.

So just an FYI....

Bob
    Ha ha.....sigh. It's sad when a company (alot of them) hires somebody to program a device, and the end result is a piece of junk. Then someone like finless here fixes and improves the thing. It seem like this is becoming normal.

Not to get nerdy or anything, but some game developers do the same thing. Release a piece of junk, and the gaming community fixes the damn thing. It's almost criminal.

Sorry for the tiny rant.

Comment

Working...
    X