Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Solved) Some help with Beelink X5II v3.0 box

Some help please guys...

I bought a Beelink X5II v3.0 box advertised as RK3188 @ 1,6 Ghz, proved to be a RK3188-T @ 1.4 Ghz with all the drawbacks.
    I searched everywhere but i can't find any custom firmware that clearly works with this box.
    Wifi-BT chip is AP6210.
    I uploaded some pictures of the pcb (v3.1)
    If someone knows of a custom firmware for this box with unlocked features please point me to it.

Anyway,
    I want to patch the kernel of my 3188-T tv box to improve video playback.
    I unpacked the firmware img from Beelink, but kernel only exists inside boot.img and backup.img (backup.img also contains boot.img, misc.img and recovery.img files).

Just to clear things, how should i proceed? Patch the kernel extracted from boot.img repack and flash only the boot.img?

Or what? Thanks...
    Last edited by Asxetos; 07-23-2014, 07:14.

I think i can forget the custom firmware.
    But can you at least help with the procedure to flash a kernel that i patched, or found here and try it out?

Thanks...

Comment

Oh well, seems like no one has tried anything on this box so far, so here is a start...

For any one with the same box:

After dumping all partitions with the dumper tool found from here, i saw that the kernel partition is empty. The kernel used in the box is the one inside boot.img.
      The same kernel in img format is inside backup.img (found after unpacking the firmware from Beelink here.)

So I used the kernel.img from inside backup.img, patched it with vsyncfix tool found also from here, removed header and crc bytes to turn it into a pure kernel file. Additionally i edited the TCP buffer size in init.rc for better streaming.
      I then rebuilt boot.img and flashed it back.

Video playback is by far better now.

Next i think i will try also some overclocking with rkpatchomatic tool, but for now i am happy (er).

For anyone interested here is the patched boot.img...

Comment

Originally posted by Asxetos View Post
        Oh well, seems like no one has tried anything on this box so far, so here is a start...

For any one with the same box:

After dumping all partitions with the dumper tool found from here, i saw that the kernel partition is empty. The kernel used in the box is the one inside boot.img.
        The same kernel in img format is inside backup.img (found after unpacking the firmware from Beelink here.)

So I used the kernel.img from inside backup.img, patched it with vsyncfix tool found also from here, removed header and crc bytes to turn it into a pure kernel file. Additionally i edited the TCP buffer size in init.rc for better streaming.
        I then rebuilt boot.img and flashed it back.

Video playback is by far better now.

Next i think i will try also some overclocking with rkpatchomatic tool, but for now i am happy (er).

For anyone interested here is the patched boot.img...
        Hi

I'm busy making a custom rom for this device for another user.
        Do you know of any KitKat rom that boots on it?
        The device uses a different HDMI & sound driver than the normal boxes, so it might be difficult to get KitKat working.
        Might only be able to make a JB rom.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
          Hi

The device uses a different HDMI & sound driver than the normal boxes, so it might be difficult to get KitKat working.
          I think you are talking about v2.0 pcb versions. Those use the RK618 HDMI driver.
          Mine (v3.0) uses the ITE HDMI driver found in many boxes...

Anyway, after a lot of reading i thought of testing this: NEW-MK918-KitKat-Customrom (just flashed a minute ago).
          Booted ok, now checking things...

Edit: All i can say is WOW, EVERYTHING WORKS...

Wifi, OK
          Bluetooth, OK
          Ethernet, OK
          IR Remote, OK
          Sound, OK
          Video playback, OK (Near perfect, don't think Rockchip can yet match Amlogic in video).
          KitKat, just awesome...

PS. On subseqent boots the box stalls on bootanimation. Perhaps does not like overcklocking...

PS2. I think i found the problem, it seems to be a hdmi-monitor detection problem.
          Flashing and 1st testing was on my desk with an hdmi monitor. Its the tv detection that couses the delay on boot
          Last edited by Asxetos; 07-24-2014, 13:03.

Comment

Originally posted by Asxetos View Post
            I think you are talking about v2.0 pcb versions. Those use the RK618 HDMI driver.
            Mine (v3.0) uses the ITE HDMI driver found in many boxes...

Anyway, after a lot of reading i thought of testing this: NEW-MK918-KitKat-Customrom (just flashed a minute ago).
            Booted ok, now checking things...

Edit: All i can say is WOW, EVERYTHING WORKS...

Wifi, OK
            Bluetooth, OK
            Ethernet, OK
            IR Remote, OK
            Sound, OK
            Video playback, OK (Near perfect, don't think Rockchip can yet match Amlogic in video).
            KitKat, just awesome...

PS. On subseqent boots the box stalls on bootanimation. Perhaps does not like overcklocking...

PS2. I think i found the problem, it seems to be a hdmi-monitor detection problem.
            Flashing and 1st testing was on my desk with an hdmi monitor. Its the tv detection that couses the delay on boot
            Same results here!
            Worked for my x5ii as well!
            Thank you, i can finaly use it now.

Comment

Analog Audio In/Out

Hi, I notice on the X5II there is room for Audio in/out jacks on the PCB

do you know if there is and audio signal being sent to those points? or if the machine even has the chips for Analog Audio?

any help would be grate My Monitor only has VGA and DVI inputs

thanks.

also for those with the X5II i can confirm above results with this Rom:

makes the device usefull!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X