Teclast P89 3G RileyROM 1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teclast P89 3G RileyROM 1.0

This ROM is based on official Teclast firmware dated 6/5/2014.

This ROM is:

Rooted with SuperSU
    Debloated
    Init.d/Busybox support added
    Your choice of 2, 4, 6 or 8gb user app space
    New boot animation
    CWM Recovery
    Reboot app by Petrus
    Google Play Store fixes
    English Default

Just follow the instructions in the First Time User's Guide PDF file in the root folder of the ROM kit.

I've uploaded v1.0.2, which fixes contacts and calendar sync.

Download
    Last edited by rrileypm; 07-16-2014, 02:33.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Great thanks for the ROM.

I've tried to install but it seems like the stock one, and it can't get the root privilege.
    All chinese app are still there, and I got NVRAM WARNING: Err = 0x10 issue on wifi list.
    Last edited by felixstars; 07-12-2014, 11:52.

Comment

Sometimes these tablets behave differently. Do you get my boot animation or is it stock? I'm pretty sure I included the correct files in the kit.

I'm trying to figure out the nvram error. It appears on my iFive tablet, too.
      Randy
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

I get your custom boot animation

Comment

OK...let me look at it and see what's going on with root.
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Donate here

Comment

OK, I've done some research...and the NVRAM error is cosmetic. I know of a solution but it only works on an individual basis. I will try to see if I can prevent it from happening.
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Donate here

Comment

I've changed the link to 1.0.1.
              It's possible that I implemented the JB rooting process instead of the KK process...so this time you should have root.

I've done some more tweaks to the debloating. Part of the problem is that Teclast puts their own launcher app and deletes the stock Launcher3.apk.

This is an experiment, since I don't have your tablet to test, but I removed the Teclast launcher and added a Launcher3.apk from a Pipo ROM.  Let's see if it works, or not.
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

The 1.0.1 the root is working, but all the useless app are still there thanks to the root now it is easy to remove it.
                There is another issue because there was no root before flashing, I was not able to backup the IMEI, so now I got invalid IMEI I tried to rewrite it with MTKDroidTool but it doesn't works.

Comment

The reason the apps are still there is because they are left over from the previous firmware. You need to do a wipe from recovery to delete everything.

As for the imei number, it is mentioned in the First Time User's Guide that you could loose it. There are apps available to restore it....but unless you know the actual number...it will be nearly impossible to get it back.

Look in the materials that came with the tablet and see if its written on something.
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

I solve the issue with the IMEI, fortunately Google Dashboard keep saved all the devices connected with your account and the IMEI of each.

For the wifi NVRAM issue, this fix worked for me :

Many MTK device's users are facing the WiFi NVRAM WARNING err 0x10 Problem by formatting the whole flash by SP Flash Tool. After a long time I Found a Solution for mtk Users to solve the problem. This method is easy as any other methods...

Now there is just a little bug that I'm trying to fix, basically it doesn't sync Google contacts, in settings->account the option contacts is completely missing from the list of available sync.
                    I will try to replace the orginal Contacts.apk and ContactsProvider.apk.... Any other ideas ?

Comment

Thanks for the update. I will have to check on that contacts sync problem.
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

Sync fix

Here is a fix for the contact sync issue that worked for me

You have to delete the following files :
                        /system/priv-app/Contacts.apk
                        /system/priv-app/GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk
                        /system/priv-app/GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk

And then copy the 3 files attached in /system/app/ reboot and it should work
                        Attached Files

Comment

I will include those files in an update...if you just want to wait a little while. Thanks for the upload...I was just starting to work on this.
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

This ROM is now 1.0.2 with those sync fixes. Just download from the link on post #1.
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

Thank you for great ROM.
                              I have Chome FC.....

Comment

Working...
                              X