Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mk908 Eth buffering problem

Hi,

I was trying to find similar cases in this site and in the net, and didn't managed to find.

I have MK908 installed with finless 1.8 rom with 1080 Kernel configuration.

I connected USB to Eth adapter to the device and tried to watch 720p or 1080p through my local network and home, but the play is choopi and it pause and legi from time to time.

is someone encounter that kind of problem?

Thanks,
    Robbie

What player are you using?

Comment

Mxplayer & bsplayer

Comment

I noticed that the USB-to-Ethernet adapter that I use actually gives me less than 6 mb/s throughput, much less than with the wifi of the MK908. If you haven't checked the data-rate of your dongle, this might be your problem with HD.

I see the same thing with my PiPO M7 Pro tablet using the same dongle.

So much for thinking you'll get 100 mb/s by switching from wifi to Ethernet with these little white sticks. They seem to be hopelessly inefficient in converting USB to Ethernet signalling. Model number of my dongle is VK-RD9700 (micro USB connector), fyi.

Comment

I also noticed that there are issues with the whole system slowing down with the dongle connected, even if Ethernet is switched off and you are using wifi. Bluetooth is sluggish as well as any video. Basically I find the USB-to-Ethernet dongle useless when used with my MK908. All problems disappear when I unplug it and use wifi.

Comment

Do you think it better to get android with buiked in eth

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie69 View Post
              Do you think it better to get android with buiked in eth
              It might be better only in that you don't need to use up a USB port for the Ethernet.

But it's so difficult to find the real specs on these boxes and sticks. I ordered one that was supposed to have 802.11a (5GHz wifi). Of course it only had 2GHz. The ad was wrong.

A lot of times the spec list just says "Interface: RJ-45". But that's just a connector. For all you know they're converting Ethernet internally through a USB hub, which would be the same as using the dongle.

Comment

Any usb-eth wich has "9700" in its name built on usb1.1 and has 6.7 mbit/s max speed.
                Look at this thread:
                http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?10014-USB-Ethernet&highlight=ethernet

Comment

Originally posted by t00 View Post
                  Any usb-eth wich has "9700" in its name built on usb1.1 and has 6.7 mbit/s max speed.
                  Look at this thread:
                  http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?10014-USB-Ethernet&highlight=ethernet
                  Thanks. Also this thread: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...hlight=AX88772

Comment

Working...
                  X