Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the difference between any DIY Android box and IPTV boxes such as ZaapTV/Telfax/Best TV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the difference between any DIY Android box and IPTV boxes such as ZaapTV/Telfax/Best TV?

From my understanding, these other boxes are also Android boxes, but somehow I don't think it's just the software, there might be some subscription even though they claim one time fee for life time service.

As you might have deducted, I'm looking for XBMC player with Arabic TV with the same quality that these above boxes provide.

If anyone has experience with those, I would like to know, because it seems cheaper to just buy a Minix x8 or a Tronsmart s89 and install said software (if I can find it that is).

Thanks,
    Havoc

It looks like weak (rk3066 based) device with a above-average developed software (i mean UX). It uses modified linux so you probably have to hack it or stick with given options. Subsciption is about to be weak point, as streams are taken from internet...
    That's all.

Comment

Originally posted by HavocXtreme View Post
      From my understanding, these other boxes are also Android boxes, but somehow I don't think it's just the software, there might be some subscription even though they claim one time fee for life time service.

As you might have deducted, I'm looking for XBMC player with Arabic TV with the same quality that these above boxes provide.

If anyone has experience with those, I would like to know, because it seems cheaper to just buy a Minix x8 or a Tronsmart s89 and install said software (if I can find it that is).

Thanks,
      Havoc
      Hi

I have tronsmart s89-h and i can see all arabic channels nilesat with xbmc

u need addon mashup or shahid and teledunet

Comment

Originally posted by MikelThief View Post
        It uses modified linux so you probably have to hack it or stick with given options. Subsciption is about to be weak point, as streams are taken from internet...
        I spent almost a week looking for streams (iptv?) and almost none of them work. I guess they change often. I figured someone might have found a way to hack it and share it on the net but I was not able to find the UX apk or any hacked software related to these iptvs.

Originally posted by Oualid2013 View Post
        Hi

I have tronsmart s89-h and i can see all arabic channels nilesat with xbmc

u need addon mashup or shahid and teledunet
        That's what I'm using right now on my home theatre pc, however here's what I experienced as pain points:
        • It's really slow to change the channels. It takes about 30 seconds or more to change between channels ("working...", buffering, etc).
        • XBMC is not really designed for channel browsing (there's no quick way to "channel up/down". I never really bothered much until my parents were using and found it frustrating.
        • It's missing a whole lot of channels which Zaaptv/BestTV/looltv is offering.
        • The channels don't always work. It seems that teledunet goes down sometimes.

What are your thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by HavocXtreme View Post
          I spent almost a week looking for streams (iptv?) and almost none of them work. I guess they change often. I figured someone might have found a way to hack it and share it on the net but I was not able to find the UX apk or any hacked software related to these iptvs.

That's what I'm using right now on my home theatre pc, however here's what I experienced as pain points:
          • It's really slow to change the channels. It takes about 30 seconds or more to change between channels ("working...", buffering, etc).
          • XBMC is not really designed for channel browsing (there's no quick way to "channel up/down". I never really bothered much until my parents were using and found it frustrating.
          • It's missing a whole lot of channels which Zaaptv/BestTV/looltv is offering.
          • The channels don't always work. It seems that teledunet goes down sometimes.

What are your thoughts?
          Oh it is designed that way and this up/down is possible. Look at IPTV Simple plugin.
          ANd you won;t find apk from zaap tv because it DOES NOT run android.

You can ask them if they would share the image and then we can try to pull out things that run this iptv thing

Comment

Thanks for clarifying. At this point, I can try to see if I can put XBMC on Zaaptv or just use a separate device for that all together.

Comment

Working...
            X