Pipo M9 Pro runs slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo M9 Pro runs slow

Before buying a new tablet a did some research on the internet over what would be a great replacement for my old SmartQ T20, which did good service for over a little of 2 years, and my eye fell on the Pipo M9 Pro

I got my Pipo M9 Pro now for just over a week and it came in on a stock rom 4.2.2.
    Immediatly I noticed that in reaction this tablet, even it has a much stronger CPU, is way slower than my old SmartQ
    For example as I start typing in messenger or somewhere else, I'm sometimes 2 or 3 words ahead of the letters showing up on the screen.
    Closing tabs goes slow and the overall handeling of the tablet runs behind the handeling I'm doing.

So I updated my rom to the stock rom 4.4.2 but this was not the solution. The handeling is still as slow as before.
    Now after done some reading on the internet I think it could be because of the high resolution of the screen and that the CPU and GPU can't get it all processed on time. Therefor the running behind.

Now my questions are:
    - Is there a (stable) custom rom that can make my tablet run smoothly as it should be?
    - Is it possible (and would it help) to change the screen resolution so the tablet runs smoothly as it should?

Thanks in advance.

The same problem i have since Christmas with my M9 Pro. I also came to the point that it has got something to do with the screen and the resolution. But i can't find a solution to lower it in any ways. So for now i think the M9 pro is simply a crappy Tablet belonging to the used hardware combination. Take a cheap Lenovo e.g. and you were flying through the screens. It's annoying.

Gesendet von einem völlig überforderten Android Mobilgerät. Es liegt am Gerät!

Comment

Ok - there seems to be a solution. I have bought resolution changer from Lugalabs in playstore, set it up to 1200*800 and it looks as it runs a lot smoother than before. I think that I have to test it a bit more but it seems to be a solution that works at first sight. Try it!

Gesendet von meinem M9pro mit Tapatalk

Comment

Hi, just installed the app and changed the resolution. Applying looks OK but when I check with the app Screen Resolution from Kenus studio it still says 1920*1080 in landscape but 1200*800 in portrait. Don't see any change in speed

Comment

Please, check the resolution with cpu-z. What does it say?

Gesendet von einem völlig überforderten Android Mobilgerät. Es liegt am Gerät!

Comment

With CPU-Z I can see two resolutions, the resolution in pxl and the resolution in dp.
            The resolution in pxl says 1920*1128 and the resolution in dp says 1280*752.

Therefor I tried to change my resolution to 640*400 as a test but in CPU-Z the resolution in dp still says 1280*752.
            I called a friend of me where I just today put the stock 4.4 rom on his Pipo M9Pro and he didn't change his resolution and he allso got 1280*752 on CPU-Z.
            I think this is standard on the stock 4.4 rom.

I allso noticed that, to change te resolution, allmost all the apps need root and I don't know how to root the tablet without putting a custom rom on it. I just want it rooted but with the stock rom.

Comment

Without root you can't do anything. But, with the reduced resolution the tablet runs much better.

Gesendet von meinem M9pro mit Tapatalk

Comment

Could you (or anybody) tray to run/play frontline commando 2 on the tablet and tell me how it runs then.
                On my tablet it doesn't run smoothly as it should do. Aiming is allmost impossible due to the lag.

Comment

Working...
                X