Need some help here NEWBIE! M8 Amlogic S802 Quad Core Android 4.4 Smart TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some help here NEWBIE! M8 Amlogic S802 Quad Core Android 4.4 Smart TV

Ok so I bought a M8 Amlogic S802 Quad Core Android 4.4 Smart TV Box 4K HDMI FULLY LOADED XBMC..... It says FULLY LOADED XBMC....but it also says that the box is unopened! So can someone please direct me to the section I need to go to read about these units and how to setup...where do I start? Tell me what you have on yours and how good it works! Thanks!

Configure your tv box

First configure your internet wired o wireless in your M8, then go to XBMC and run for first time and install the basic plugins addons.Then I recommend follow the steps to install the fusion installer or the mashup installer. You can find how to do it searching google or youtube. If you are a spanish speaker I can help to install some special spanish addons.

Comment

Ok

Originally posted by hearol99 View Post
      First configure your internet wired o wireless in your M8, then go to XBMC and run for first time and install the basic plugins addons.Then I recommend follow the steps to install the fusion installer or the mashup installer. You can find how to do it searching google or youtube. If you are a spanish speaker I can help to install some special spanish addons.
      So I don't have to root it or flash a different software to get the added movie channels or Live PPV etc?

Thanks...

Comment

m8 all fully loaded means is that the box comes with xbmc on the box you still have to download the plugins you need to watch or listen to anything in xbmc

Comment

I can help

[QUOTE=RECO6901;206591]So I don't have to root it or flash a different software to get the added movie channels or Live PPV etc?

Look up Supa Charged iOS on youtube and look up Armada M8 root and he will guide you through the process along with show you where to download the root. Definitely root the device and then look for Oman version of XBMC for S802 and put it on an SD card and remove the old XBMC in settings under apps and then install the new Oman version off of the SD card. The only tools you will need is a toothpick and an SD card. If you have any other questions just ask.

Comment

Thanks!!!

[QUOTE=NIPSZX;206718]
            Originally posted by RECO6901 View Post
            So I don't have to root it or flash a different software to get the added movie channels or Live PPV etc?

Look up Supa Charged iOS on youtube and look up Armada M8 root and he will guide you through the process along with show you where to download the root. Definitely root the device and then look for Oman version of XBMC for S802 and put it on an SD card and remove the old XBMC in settings under apps and then install the new Oman version off of the SD card. The only tools you will need is a toothpick and an SD card. If you have any other questions just ask.

That's the reply I was looking for! Thanks for all the help!

Comment

Armada Mach 8 Firmware update?

[QUOTE=NIPSZX;206718]

I found Armada Mach 8 Firmware update tutorial - by SUPA CHARGEDIOS....is that the same as rooting the device?

Thanks

Comment

Ok...something missing

[QUOTE=NIPSZX;206718]

Ok I followed the directions....installed mashedup....and fusion...under fusion I didn't see the folder...most popular...so how do I install project free tv etc?

thanks...

Comment

[QUOTE=RECO6901;206591]So I don't have to root it or flash a different software to get the added movie channels or Live PPV etc?

The firmware is the root

[QUOTE=RECO6901;206591] I followed the directions....installed mashedup....and fusion...under fusion I didn't see the folder...most popular...so how do I install project free tv etc?

thanks...

Install the xbmchub repo by going to settings and file manager then type in Fusion.xbmchub.com

After that go to settings and add as a zip file

Then install the config wizard / add-on installer

Then you can install add-on simplified

After going to the config wizard then press 1-channel update and android config

It will give you the best version of the add ons you want

Comment

Working...
                  X