Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Openelec port amlogic tvbox that works on 8726MX/M6 gbox mx2 (by codesnake user of matricom)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Openelec port amlogic tvbox that works on 8726MX/M6 gbox mx2 (by codesnake user of matricom)

orginal topic
    World's #1 selling Android TV Box since 2011 - Discover why millions of people choose the G-Box as the best Kodi streaming media player in the world!

OpenELEC

« on: June 17, 2014, 04:07:12 PM »

Finally, after many sleepless nights I have ported OpenELEC to MX2:

Current version:

OpenELEC 4.2 Beta2 with XBMC 13.2 Beta2 Gotham (new MTD):

See what's new in 4.2 Beta2 here - http://openelec.tv/news/22-releases/...eta-2-released
    MX2-specific updates:
    • Fixed an issue when after installing OpenELEC settings might occasionally be lost after a reboot
    • Added support for USB DVB devices
    • Fixed an issue when NTFS partitions have been always mounting read-only
    • Fixed the display of CPU temperature
    • Added support for AV (CVBS) video output

Older versions:

OpenELEC 4.2 Beta1 with XBMC 13.2 Beta1 Gotham (new MTD):

See what's new in 4.2 Beta1 here - http://openelec.tv/news/22-releases/...eta-1-released
    MX2-specific updates:
    • Use ondemand governor to minimize CPU heating and power consumption
    • Added support for GPT, Macintosh and LDM parition tables

OpenELEC 4.0.7 with XBMC 13.1 Gotham (new MTD):

See what's new in 4.0.7 here - http://openelec.tv/news/22-releases/...4-0-7-released
    MX2-specific updates:
    • Fixed judderring during playback of some H264 1080p videos
    • Mount SD-cards automatically
    • Enabled 'Remote control sends keyboard presses' setting by default to make the remote control work correctly with on-screen keyboard
    • Disabled SSH by default
    • Added support for OpenELEC official and unofficial addon repositories
    • Fixed issue with black bar on the right side of the screen in 1080p 60Hz mode

OpenELEC 4.0.6 with XBMC 13.1 Gotham (new MTD):

See what's new in 4.0.6 here - http://openelec.tv/news/22-releases/...4-0-6-released
    MX2-specific updates:
    • Make Escape key (RETURN on remote) execute Back action instead of PreviousMenu

OpenELEC 4.0.5 with XBMC 13.1 Gotham (new MTD): https://googledrive.com/host/0B4FNwq..._MX2-4.0.5.zip

Source code:
    https://github.com/codesnake

« Last Edit: Today at 04:41:21 AM by codesnake »

Bravo

Well done - this is a great breakthrough.

Is it possible to port OpenElec to the M8 box (Amlogic s802)?

Comment

I also have an s802, but I wouldn't mind buying one of these devices just to try OpenElec on a 2core AML device...

Can someone give me a few alternative devices to purchasing a GBOX MX2 or is this the only device that will work ? I was hoping to not invest much.

Comment

geekbuying offers the MX2 for a good price
        China-1 Stock | Buy CMX AML8726-MX Android 4.2 Dual Core Mini TV Box HDMI HDD Player 1G/8G Built-in XBMC 1080P RJ45 AV Port - Black online at unbeatable prices. ✓Free Shipping ✓Limited Time Sale ✓Local Warehouses.

I use OpenElec on the MX2 for 2 weeks now and the performance is amazing. Really NO issues so far.

Comment

Originally posted by d1dd1 View Post
          China-1 Stock | Buy CMX AML8726-MX Android 4.2 Dual Core Mini TV Box HDMI HDD Player 1G/8G Built-in XBMC 1080P RJ45 AV Port - Black online at unbeatable prices. ✓Free Shipping ✓Limited Time Sale ✓Local Warehouses.

I use OpenElec on the MX2 for 2 weeks now and the performance is amazing. Really NO issues so far.
          You tried this ROM with that specific device?

There have also been negative posts about the quality of this device but people complained about the tronsmart s89h also but I couldn't be happier with it.. happy people tend to be quiet people so you don't hear many 'This device is good enough for me' - but I would appreciate someone telling me so about their CMX.

Comment

Originally posted by rapalax View Post

There have also been negative posts about the quality of this device but people complained about the tronsmart s89h also but I couldn't be happier with it.. happy people tend to be quiet people so you don't hear many 'This device is good enough for me' - but I would appreciate someone telling me so.
            tronsmart s89h is a beast fantastic purchase

Comment

i am also using Openelec on the Mx2 with no issues so far ...Navigation through the menus is lightning fast !!! Playback even in Full HD is ok but with lower frame rates than an Elite S89 and also my overclocked RPI but still Ok ..

Comment

Any possibility for this to be ported to RK3066 chip????

Comment

Originally posted by d1dd1 View Post

I don't think it will work at this device

only at the "real" clone ones with PCB
                  'HD 18 v2.2'
                  or
                  'HD 18 v2.21'
                  or
                  'HD 18 v2.22'
                  print at the PCB
                  Which maybe the E-M6 is they talk about
                  RK3288 Devices
                  - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                  - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                  UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                  Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                  Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                  Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

sorry then guys, I bought my device elsewhere but it looks exactly the same. I did not check my PCB, sorry.

Comment

this is my advice now they said using 4.0.7

Comment

Originally posted by rapalax View Post

There have also been negative posts about the quality of this device but people complained about the tronsmart s89h also but I couldn't be happier with it.. happy people tend to be quiet people so you don't hear many 'This device is good enough for me' - but I would appreciate someone telling me so about their CMX.
                        Guys, dont get me wrong, but any box that came out of this factory have quality close to zero. There is no original Matricom mx2 box (or earlier G-Box M3 version), Matricom is just brand. Original box was manufactured by shiningworth/shiningstar, company from Shenzhen. Original factory afaik does not produce mx2 box anymore. Now on market are perhaps only clones (same outside look, but who knows whats inside).
                        If you find my work useful, buy me a beer
                        Homepage: http://www.stane1983.com

Comment

Originally posted by stane1983 View Post
                          Guys, dont get me wrong, but any box that came out of this factory have quality close to zero. There is no original Matricom mx2 box (or earlier G-Box M3 version), Matricom is just brand. Original box was manufactured by shiningworth/shiningstar, company from Shenzhen. Original factory afaik does not produce mx2 box anymore. Now on market are perhaps only clones (same outside look, but who knows whats inside).
                          Stane , if your S802 linux build goes well and also if you port it to the MX3 box then we would not care For Mx2 either clone or not !!!
                          It would be fantastic to get the Mx3 for 69 dollars and get linux with that hardware !!!!

Is there a chance your Beelink or M8 linux builds to run on the mx3 box? The 1 Gb ram one?

Comment

Originally posted by versus4582 View Post
                            Stane , if your S802 linux build goes well and also if you port it to the MX3 box then we would not care For Mx2 either clone or not !!!
                            It would be fantastic to get the Mx3 for 69 dollars and get linux with that hardware !!!!

Is there a chance your Beelink or M8 linux builds to run on the mx3 box? The 1 Gb ram one?
                            Hi,

for now no (at least not on 1gb version). I cannot confirm that it is working on 2gb version. Oman can confirm that, right Oman? But, In week or two I'll receive that box then I can toy with it.
                            If you find my work useful, buy me a beer
                            Homepage: http://www.stane1983.com

Comment

Originally posted by stane1983 View Post
                              Hi,

for now no (at least not on 1gb version). I cannot confirm that it is working on 2gb version. Oman can confirm that, right Oman? But, In week or two I'll receive that box then I can toy with it.
                              2GB or 1GB ?
                              RK3288 Devices
                              - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                              - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                              UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                              Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                              Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                              Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Working...
                              X