Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tronsmart MK908II currently suggested ROM/Kernel

Hi all,
    I recently purchased a Tronsmart MK908II and I am a little bit lost on which ROM / kernel pair is best suited for it.

I have seen the following possibilities might be good:

Do you have any suggestion?

Thank you,
    manovel

Hi Manovel,

I recently brought a MK908II, another user asked the same question & if you want to read my responce checkout the thread here :

Only thing I´d add to whats written there is I changed kernel to the 1.8ghz 720P with stock ram and stock gpu, pushing 20000 in antutu and shes still fairly cool, other than the wait after boot, this is not a bad device, runs xbmc 1080P content no problem, rom is really stable.

Comment

i have the same stick, MK908II, best rom ive found is Bobs kitkat 2.0 for the A928 combined with D33 kernel with a nice overclock, 1608/720/600, my stick has a T chip, you need to use v3 ap6210 kernel as the rom is based on beta source.
      http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...All-(well-most!)

Comment

thank you for the inputs,
        as soon as I manage to have some time I will try them out!

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by marko33 View Post
          i have the same stick, MK908II, best rom ive found is Bobs kitkat 2.0 for the A928 combined with D33 kernel with a nice overclock, 1608/720/600, my stick has a T chip, you need to use v3 ap6210 kernel as the rom is based on beta source.http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...All-(well-most!)http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...inless-2-0-ROM
          Marko33, can you let me know a quick and easy way to find if the chip is T version or normal?

Comment

Originally posted by manovel View Post
            Marko33, can you let me know a quick and easy way to find if the chip is T version or normal?
            without D33 kernels the Tchip is locked at 1.4ghz, install antutu cpu master and see what maximum frequency your at.

Comment

Hi,my chip is not T;
              I tried your suggested ROM/Kernel, but was remaining stuck at the booting image.

I am running now:
              NEW - Finless ROM 2.0 - KitKat 4.4.2 for AP6210 wifi - BETA
              with d33 v3 ap6210 kernel

I got good performances and good video playback with plex and youtube.
              However, using a TV streaming app (zattoo) the playback is somehow strange, slowing down in some moments and speeding up later. Did somebody experience something like that?

Thanks
              manovel

Comment

zattoo issue

Originally posted by manovel View Post
                Hi,my chip is not T;
                I tried your suggested ROM/Kernel, but was remaining stuck at the booting image.

I am running now:
                NEW - Finless ROM 2.0 - KitKat 4.4.2 for AP6210 wifi - BETA
                with d33 v3 ap6210 kernel

I got good performances and good video playback with plex and youtube.
                However, using a TV streaming app (zattoo) the playback is somehow strange, slowing down in some moments and speeding up later. Did somebody experience something like that?

Thanks
                manovel
                hi manovel

don't know we mean the same issue with zattoo: while streaming (hd) it switchs from hi to low resolution?! this problem was also with the original tronsmart firmware and other. have had this also on a "older" mk808.
                but i think i solved this problem on the mk908ii with this kitkat rom:

i've installed the first version in the first post of veclinux (there are also higher versions with 1080). i running the mk908ii now on 720 resolution (btw: zattoo streams maximum 720).
                and surprise surprise: zattoo streams smooth and stable, with no hi/low "switching".
                xbmc i will try later, but it seems working fine too.

greets from switzerland to switzerland

Comment

Originally posted by dasti View Post
                  hi manovel

don't know we mean the same issue with zattoo: while streaming (hd) it switchs from hi to low resolution?! this problem was also with the original tronsmart firmware and other. have had this also on a "older" mk808.
                  but i think i solved this problem on the mk908ii with this kitkat rom:

i've installed the first version in the first post of veclinux (there are also higher versions with 1080). i running the mk908ii now on 720 resolution (btw: zattoo streams maximum 720).
                  and surprise surprise: zattoo streams smooth and stable, with no hi/low "switching".
                  xbmc i will try later, but it seems working fine too.

greets from switzerland to switzerland
                  Nice,
                  I followed your suggestion and I am now able to use Zattoo streaming flawlessy.
                  I do not experience slow-downs/speed-ups and the audio/video is synchronized.
                  I did not try XBMC, but I am less interested in that...

Manovel

Comment

MK908II 25-07-2014 firmware?

Hi

Has anyone tested newest Stock firmware for MK908II?

Tronsmart_MK908II_4.2_20140725.zip

I have currently stock 205j2 17-12-2013 version firmware on my MK908II. I could not find any release notes about that new firmware I couldn't download it, tried two times and download was interrupted on both times It would be nice to know is that beta or stable release, and what they have been updated. I could not find any info about this.
                    Last edited by marzzz; 10-14-2014, 09:31.

Comment

I was wondering the same, just got my MK908II yesterday, seems to work well so far on stock FW but has trouble loading flash. gonna try finless 2.0 w/d33 later today.

Originally posted by marzzz View Post
                      Hi

Has anyone tested newest Stock firmware for MK908II?

Tronsmart_MK908II_4.2_20140725.zip

I have currently stock 205j2 17-12-2013 version firmware on my MK908II. I could not find any release notes about that new firmware I couldn't download it, tried two times and download was interrupted on both times It would be nice to know is that beta or stable release, and what they have been updated. I could not find any info about this.

Comment

Tronsmart MK908II currently suggested ROM/Kernel

how's Finless 2.0 doing on ur MK908II mate ? better than 1,6 ? or ? thanks a lot
                        MK908II - Finless 1.6

Comment

any new ROM for this device boys ? currently on 1.8 Finless ...
                          MK908II - Finless 1.6

Comment

Working...
                          X