Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Android Box w/HDMI Input?

Hello,

I'm looking for suggestions on an Android OS box with HDMI input. I know practically every "Google TV" box has this feature, but that hardware is several years old, and I'm not sure if you can wipe the OS and do your own thing. If I could find a box with a mini-pcie slot then I could (theoretically) use a third-party HDMI capture board.

I'm looking for a well-supported piece of hardware. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

-z

NT-V6
    Ugoos UT3
    ATV1200
    Enjoy TV
    Asus Cube

The first two are RK3288 devices, when they become available, support will be poor because its a new soc. The other devices are running older hardware however.

ATV1200 is known in the XBMC forums, so you can read experiences here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=150342
    Cube is made by Asus, so it probably has a better build quality/warrenty support

Comment

Just a small heads-up
      There are also.. atv1200 fake/clones on the market (best to avoid these, by using a off mygica/geniatech reseller)

Just thought.. goodluck

Comment

awesome - thanks, everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by znelson View Post
          Hello,

I'm looking for suggestions on an Android OS box with HDMI input. I know practically every "Google TV" box has this feature, but that hardware is several years old, and I'm not sure if you can wipe the OS and do your own thing. If I could find a box with a mini-pcie slot then I could (theoretically) use a third-party HDMI capture board.

I'm looking for a well-supported piece of hardware. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

-z
          the Huawei MediaQ M310 also have the hdmi-in function, and it's selling well in our site:
          China-1 Stock | Buy HUAWEI MediaQ M310 Hisilicon K3V2 Quad Core Android 4.1 Mini TV Box HDMI HDD Player 1GB/4GB Dual Band 2.4G/5G WiFi BT4.0 RJ45 - Black online at unbeatable prices. ✓Free Shipping ✓Limited Time Sale ✓Local Warehouses.

the quality is super good, and huawei release the kernel source. we will flash to english firmware which built in google play store, and multi-language before we ship orders.

Eric
          Looking for developers
          http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

Thanks, Eric!

Do you know if the HDMI input is accessible from an Android application? For example, does it simply show up as a system webcam? I'm looking to access the HDMI input and overlay graphics via a custom Android app, and then pump the result back out to the tv.

Regards,

Zach

Comment

Originally posted by znelson View Post
              Thanks, Eric!

Do you know if the HDMI input is accessible from an Android application? For example, does it simply show up as a system webcam? I'm looking to access the HDMI input and overlay graphics via a custom Android app, and then pump the result back out to the tv.

Regards,

Zach

This one seems to feature it. However its not out yet. I have asked them to make a video of the HDMI input feature.

Comment

Thanks!

I've ordered 3 boxes from various manufacturers, just waiting for them to arrive. I'll post back with my findings since there seems to be mutual interest on this kind of thing.

Comment

Working...
                X