Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XMBC 13.2 black screen during video

Hi Guys,

I managed to root my vega after all without using an sd card :-)

Now I seem to face a different problem, when I play any video it shows a black empty screen and the audio plays normal...

I tried using hardware/software decoding single/multi threaded (all permutations)

I tried HD video, and SD video all the same.

CPU's don't seem to be loaded at all, at any time.
    I use stock 1074K firmware + xmbc 13.2 beta2

any ideas?

To me it looks like missing codes or something, any idea how to check that/fix that? (without putting the finless rom, since I can't flash via sdcard - my sdcard slot seems to be dead)

Read this short thread:

as you cant use your micro sdcard to flash finless ez root , i would suggest to install leola's rom which can be done with a usb memory aswell (havent tested myself but it is stated in the install instructions), then you will have a properly rooted firmware with best version of xbmc so far (stane's build).

Comment

Originally posted by Veronica View Post
      Read this short thread:

as you cant use your micro sdcard to flash finless ez root , i would suggest to install leola's rom which can be done with a usb memory aswell (havent tested myself but it is stated in the install instructions), then you will have a properly rooted firmware with best version of xbmc so far (stane's build).

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-Leolas-V1-1-0

Thanks for the suggestion Veronica! I don't think I have a firmware problem though, I do manage to play videos with youtube (outside xmbc, and also with MxPlayer..)
      Could this be a hardware + software issue related more specifically to the way XBMC works with AML devices?

Or maybe some plugin which is causing this?

BTW I can install any XBMC version out there, by using a USB stick.

Comment

Originally posted by max.shifrin View Post
        Thanks for the suggestion Veronica! I don't think I have a firmware problem though, I do manage to play videos with youtube (outside xmbc, and also with MxPlayer..)
        Could this be a hardware + software issue related more specifically to the way XBMC works with AML devices?

Or maybe some plugin which is causing this?

BTW I can install any XBMC version out there, by using a USB stick.
        Try the Oman XBMC 13.1 4K version it solved the problem for me on an S802 box. You can find the link in this Forum.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffben View Post
          Try the Oman XBMC 13.1 4K version it solved the problem for me on an S802 box. You can find the link in this Forum.

Where do I get it? I thought Oman was just releasing Kernels :-)

Comment

Where do I get it? I thought Oman was just releasing Kernels :-)

Try this http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-s802-platform

Comment

Thanks! I'll try it this evening.

Although I have a feeling it is more related to the root issue... I'll probably need tor emove the super user app I got installed and install supersu as the user permissions app..

Maybe that will help.

Comment

Comment

But I'm using 1074k rom.. the thread is about 1054k

Comment

Everything above 105k4 has this issue !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by versus4582 View Post
                      Everything above 105k4 has this issue !!!!

Oh...damn.. I upgraded from 104 to 107... Hmm any way for me to go back? Is there a place with an image of the older 104 version somewhere?

Comment

Comment

I'll take that in mind if I don't manage to get a working version of XBMC on my new 1074k version.

Where can I find the older version images? On tronsmart website you can access only the newest one AFAIK..

Comment

I'll take that in mind if I don't manage to get a working version of XBMC on my new 1074k version.

Where can I find the older version images? On tronsmart website you can access only the newest one AFAIK..
                            talk about the tronsmart vega s89 quad core tv box, find the lastest review, root instruction,and firmware information here etc.

=> 104k4 http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...ction-problem/
                            RK3288 Devices
                            - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                            - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                            UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X