Changing the LCD Density on S89-H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing the LCD Density on S89-H

I am trying to change the screen density but no luck.

Modifying "ro.sf.lcd_density" does not do anything. It had a "#" in front which I was under the impression nulls it out but, I removed it and no change.

Have any suggestions?

I am running stock ROM with the quick ROOT.

I have searched and searched the interwebs. If you have links with info, I would be very grateful!

Thanks!

I think I found a solution!

I have been meaning to look into XPosed for a while now. With the "app settings" module, it has the ability to change on a per app basis. Lots of customization! Its not a global setting so I'll have change for EVERY app but, then again, I have the ability to change EVERY app!

Use this forum to chat about xposed framework and modules to modify your device without flashing a custom ROM

Comment

Using the Xposed Framework and the App Settings module, I was able to change the DPI in com.android.systemui and make what looks to be everything (globally) larger as I wanted. The good thing is that programs that have undesirable side effects from this can be changed, individually, back to their normal DPI. AWESOME!

It does not appear to change the size of the mouse pointer arrow. Does anyone know where these configuration changes need to be made? Is there a file I can replace with a larger pixel image?

Thanks,

Comment

can't assist, but just wanted to say good work! it'll be nice to see implemented some stage in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by gizmomelb View Post
          can't assist, but just wanted to say good work! it'll be nice to see implemented some stage in the future.
          Thanks! I agree! Xposed is awesome! I have not seen mention to it on this forum (not that I frequent it to often). IT OPENS A NEW REALM FOR CUSTOMIZING. To the devs here, having the xposed framework pre-installed on your ROMs would be great. With my other AndroidPCs, I could not get the framework to install for reasons I couldn't explain. I gave it another shot with my S89-H and it seems to work perfect. Whether it will work with the FINLESS roms, would have to be confirmed by someone else since I'm doing well and will most likely stick with the Stock ROM rooted.

THE GOOD NEWS! WOOHOO! I did some reading up on replacing the Pointer Arrow and the process is a little more complicated than I would like. I am no newb when it comes to Android but I am with the Dev Tools. To change the Pointer, in a nutshell, is pulling your android system onto a PC, unpack it, modify the .png file, repack it, and send it back to the device. Not for me. I decided to take a (another) chance and modify the DPI on the "Android System" where the mouse pointer resides. BINGO!

So to conclude my thread about changing the LCD/Screen Density/DPI (whatever you want to call it), I found xposed to be the answer.

I'll report back if I find any issues.

Comment

Originally posted by jdamore View Post
            Thanks! I agree! Xposed is awesome! I have not seen mention to it on this forum (not that I frequent it to often). IT OPENS A NEW REALM FOR CUSTOMIZING. To the devs here, having the xposed framework pre-installed on your ROMs would be great. With my other AndroidPCs, I could not get the framework to install for reasons I couldn't explain. I gave it another shot with my S89-H and it seems to work perfect. Whether it will work with the FINLESS roms, would have to be confirmed by someone else since I'm doing well and will most likely stick with the Stock ROM rooted.

THE GOOD NEWS! WOOHOO! I did some reading up on replacing the Pointer Arrow and the process is a little more complicated than I would like. I am no newb when it comes to Android but I am with the Dev Tools. To change the Pointer, in a nutshell, is pulling your android system onto a PC, unpack it, modify the .png file, repack it, and send it back to the device. Not for me. I decided to take a (another) chance and modify the DPI on the "Android System" where the mouse pointer resides. BINGO!

So to conclude my thread about changing the LCD/Screen Density/DPI (whatever you want to call it), I found xposed to be the answer.

I'll report back if I find any issues.
            It works fine on finless, I have been using it since may

Comment

Working...
            X