Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible Beelink M8 Scam Seller?

Hi there,
    I bought an Android 4.4 Beelink M8 quad core from an **** seller "halu1314" for about $19 on 24th July 2014. I did check the seller feedback before going ahead with the purchase. Everything looked fine with over 200 feedbacks left with a few negatives depicting the late arrivals of goods which are common with Chinese/Hong Kong based sellers.

Item was paid for via PayPal on same day. Seller marked the purchased as shipped on the 25th July 2014. Everything went normal till I randomly checked my **** account yesterday only to find an email from **** with the following words.

-----We're writing to let you know that we've removed an item you recently won:
    201134605882 - Android 4.4 Beelink M8 Quad Core 2G/16GB XBMC TV Box 4K Miracast Bluetooth WIFI

Since you've already paid for this item, you don't need to do anything else. If your item hasn't arrived yet, it should arrive soon.

We wish you all the best on **** and hope your future experiences are pleasant and successful. If you have questions, please click "Customer Support" at the top of most **** pages.------

I thought it was all normal and the seller has removed the listing, hence, the message I received from ****.

Upon checking my **** purchase history list, I found a note left by **** saying the following.

----
    We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way **** is here to help. ----

All seemed still fine to me by this stage. With an aim to contact the seller for an update, I clicked on his profile name and to my utter shock I find the seller to have set his profile to PRIVATE and has no more products to sale with no feedback words showing. Only the number of positive and negative feedback were marked.

Still thinking nothing to freak out about. I went ahead and dropped an email to seller, asking him if the product has indeed shipped and the expected date of arrival.

It has been 2 days since I dropped him an email, and I have yet to receive a reply from the seller.

Still not freaking out here since I have plenty of time to take this to **** resolution center and get my money back.

Estimated Delivery: Mon. Aug. 4 - Fri. Aug. 8 (Marked by seller against this purchase)

Has anyone bought the Beelink M8 from this seller in the past week or so. If yes, have you heard back from him. Should I take this to the resolution center immediately or wait a bit to see if there is a genuine problem at sellers end.

Going by the previous sales of this seller, and the feedback left by buyers nothing seemed fishy to me except for the price of the Beelink M8 which was rock bottom. But I have seen Chinese sellers selling the same product at varied prices and have bought the same products extremely cheaply by shopping around.

Would be thankful if someone can share their views on this.

Cheers!

Originally posted by Libertine View Post
    Hi there,
    I bought an Android 4.4 Beelink M8 quad core from an **** seller "halu1314" for about $19 on 24th July 2014. I did check the seller feedback before going ahead with the purchase. Everything looked fine with over 200 feedbacks left with a few negatives depicting the late arrivals of goods which are common with Chinese/Hong Kong based sellers.

Item was paid for via PayPal on same day. Seller marked the purchased as shipped on the 25th July 2014. Everything went normal till I randomly checked my **** account yesterday only to find an email from **** with the following words.

-----We're writing to let you know that we've removed an item you recently won:
    201134605882 - Android 4.4 Beelink M8 Quad Core 2G/16GB XBMC TV Box 4K Miracast Bluetooth WIFI

Since you've already paid for this item, you don't need to do anything else. If your item hasn't arrived yet, it should arrive soon.

We wish you all the best on **** and hope your future experiences are pleasant and successful. If you have questions, please click "Customer Support" at the top of most **** pages.------

I thought it was all normal and the seller has removed the listing, hence, the message I received from ****.

Upon checking my **** purchase history list, I found a note left by **** saying the following.

----
    We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way **** is here to help. ----

All seemed still fine to me by this stage. With an aim to contact the seller for an update, I clicked on his profile name and to my utter shock I find the seller to have set his profile to PRIVATE and has no more products to sale with no feedback words showing. Only the number of positive and negative feedback were marked.

Still thinking nothing to freak out about. I went ahead and dropped an email to seller, asking him if the product has indeed shipped and the expected date of arrival.

It has been 2 days since I dropped him an email, and I have yet to receive a reply from the seller.

Still not freaking out here since I have plenty of time to take this to **** resolution center and get my money back.

Estimated Delivery: Mon. Aug. 4 - Fri. Aug. 8 (Marked by seller against this purchase)

Has anyone bought the Beelink M8 from this seller in the past week or so. If yes, have you heard back from him. Should I take this to the resolution center immediately or wait a bit to see if there is a genuine problem at sellers end.

Going by the previous sales of this seller, and the feedback left by buyers nothing seemed fishy to me except for the price of the Beelink M8 which was rock bottom. But I have seen Chinese sellers selling the same product at varied prices and have bought the same products extremely cheaply by shopping around.

Would be thankful if someone can share their views on this.

Cheers!

would not get my hopes up m8 my single core player that i got last year cost a lot more than 19 dollars thats about 12 quid in real money ,if you get one at that price i'm going to china to punch out geekbuying

Comment

Originally posted by trinidad View Post
      would not get my hopes up m8 my single core player that i got last year cost a lot more than 19 dollars thats about 12 quid in real money ,if you get one at that price i'm going to china to punch out geekbuying

Haha. You might be right on that. But Geekbuying almost always over charges for whatever items they have for sale on there. I bought a Tronsmart T1000 on **** for $11 with free shipping from a Chinese seller. Geekbuying sells the same for around $25. I saved more than 50% over the ongoing price for the same product elsewhere.

So, I firmly believe you can save a lot with these Chinese products if you shop around.

Comment

There is no Possibility to Buy M8 Quadcore Box For $19 ! (£11)
        Report it on day 7 and you will get your full refund within 1-2 weeks time... Glad you've paid by Paypal...
        "if it's too good to be true then it probably is!"

Comment

Hmm..
          Everthing you buy online is a gamble..
          But its only 19 bucks..worth the risk in my opinion
          -i would just wait and see (for a month)

One's i bought a ipod like device for 35, it was far better then a ipod..and worked for many years longer than my gf ipod
          Ones i bought a rk3066 tvbox... for 32 incl freeshipping..it still runs 24/7
          Sometimes.. deals can be found

I hope.. you get lucky
          Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell4you View Post
            Hmm..
            Everthing you buy online is a gamble..
            But its only 19 bucks..worth the risk in my opinion
            -i would just wait and see (for a month)

One's i bought a ipod like device for 35, it was far better then a ipod..and worked for many years longer than my gf ipod
            Ones i bought a rk3066 tvbox... for 32 incl freeshipping..it still runs 24/7
            Sometimes.. deals can be found

I hope.. you get lucky
            Cheers
            Deals Can be found But we know the Cost Price of this device

Its simply waste of time....

Comment

Beelink cannot even make that box for $19! The processor alone from AML probably costs close to that.

You are either going to get nothing or you will get something other than a M8.

Just a thought for the future. If 90% of the "good sellers" are selling a box for $100 and you find it or $20, chances are it is not real! Sure deals can be found but not with that big of a difference! Lesson learned I guess. It will be interesting to see what you get.

Bob
              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Thanks everyone for your valuable inputs. I will probably give the seller another week to respond as I have well over 30 days to take this to the resolution centre and get my money back.

If the seller doesn't respond by the end of coming week, I plan to take this to resolution centre. If I end up getting the product later on, and everything was fine as mentioned in the listing. I will just pay him back for the purchase, else I would have already claimed my money from PayPal. So, I have pretty much nothing to lose here.

But I still don't get why a seller with 97% feedback rating would do something like this to completely ruin his **** account.

And on paper you guys seem to be correct. The manufacturing cost alone would be much higher than $19 for this Beelink M8, but upon researching a bit on the web, I found out that some of these could have been stolen from the manufacturers facility and later put on sale through ****. There is a whole thread on this posted by Minix guys on Facebook, I believe.

So, let's see what comes out of this. I have the sellers phone number with me, so I might just drop him a call if he doesn't reply to my email.

I will update this thread if I ever get my hands on the ordered Beelink M8.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                X