The best possible TV box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best possible TV box

So, I'm on this mission to align customers and manufacturers here in Shenzhen. It appears to me that it's quite possible that he wall is coming down in terms of open source. More and more manufacturers seem to be "getting it" and making provisions.

I love the work that I've seen people from Beelink & HPH doing in these forums-- exciting times, it seems! I'd like to solicit feedback on "The best possible TV box." Here's how I'd like you to think-- anything goes here.

1)Tell me what you really, really want, unbounded by the constraints of the CPU maker or what have you.
    2)I'm going to try and make it a reality over here, and keep the conversation moving-- I don't expect that everything will work. That's the value in this.
    3)I want to ship a sort of perma-beta device. Please allow me to explain:

-No Warranty beyond DOA
    -I'll make it as hard as possible to brick (so should be more or less unbrickable)
    -Monthly iterations based on this and feedback from other forums
    -Code selected from community pool

Does this sound interesting? Do you buy lots of these things because they're cheap? Do you have other radical ideas? Please contact me at [email protected] for ideas outside of TV boxes, this thread for TV box concepts.

Oke
    Lets see.. thing i like to see from shenzen
    A android stick.. that also can work as mp3/radio player.. whille on the move (using headphone or bt )
    -using a click-on battery pack on the stick a ipod dial/ctrl button
    Or
    A android stick with gps.. and navigation sw.. for cars,boats (for those do-it-yourself guys)

Tvboxes (s89/rk3288) with this linux/android hybride

Those remote helicoptors.. i would like to see a failsafe
    If it loses contact with remote.. (for x min) it flies back too where it first got powered-up (using gps)

Pickpocket protector..
    Walled and keychain.. using rf, when walled gets stolen.. and gets out of range of keychain.. the walled alarm goes of 100db

A secure metal box with no keyhole... that can only be open using nfc (ring/phone nfc code)

Would be my suggestion

Comment

Ok good feed back and welcome to forum.

wants and wishes.

Tv box that will act as the personal pc box these devices are almost there in that respect,
      - bluetooth that will connect any speaker system to the device.
      - standard driver base and working devices verified.
      -Programs stock for base of personal pc
      -Freaktab Browser as stock product?
      -Battery pack add on to make truely portable device.
      -3G or 4g enabled.
      - No board hardware modifactions every week once product finaized.
      - multi users interface. (like on roms like leolass for m8)

my wish list completed. when you start production can we name the product BOB ? Short for Best Overall Box.
      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

What is freaktab browser? I don't think I have gotten into this site enough if there really is such a thing.

Scooter, I am working on a modularized system that should fit a number of your needs. It will be open source and we can call it Bob.

Comment

Yes it exsists its just a browser thats set up with freaktab site and loved it in most roms ive installed. maybe someone can provide a link as always a missing add on for me

BOB open

sounds much better then scooterputter
          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

I just thought about something..
            I would like to see a amlogic s805 stick or box as dvr to recored cctv/cam footage in hevc/h.265

V1
            Bnc connector to recored incoming footage as hevc.. to harddrive or sd..or cloud
            -eth to watch content live.. or to watch rec footage

V2
            Power over ethernet port to rec incoming footage (and to power a cctv cam) to hevc.. to harddrive or sd or cloud
            -eth to watch content live.. or to watch rec footage (rtmp/http)

Just a thought

Comment

Originally posted by JacobGadikian View Post
              So, I'm on this mission to align customers and manufacturers here in Shenzhen. It appears to me that it's quite possible that he wall is coming down in terms of open source. More and more manufacturers seem to be "getting it" and making provisions.

I love the work that I've seen people from Beelink & HPH doing in these forums-- exciting times, it seems! I'd like to solicit feedback on "The best possible TV box." Here's how I'd like you to think-- anything goes here.

1)Tell me what you really, really want, unbounded by the constraints of the CPU maker or what have you.
              2)I'm going to try and make it a reality over here, and keep the conversation moving-- I don't expect that everything will work. That's the value in this.
              3)I want to ship a sort of perma-beta device. Please allow me to explain:

-No Warranty beyond DOA
              -I'll make it as hard as possible to brick (so should be more or less unbrickable)
              -Monthly iterations based on this and feedback from other forums
              -Code selected from community pool

Does this sound interesting? Do you buy lots of these things because they're cheap? Do you have other radical ideas? Please contact me at [email protected] for ideas outside of TV boxes, this thread for TV box concepts.
              Hello. I have spent way too much time researching the perfect box. But of course it doesn't exist! So allow me to state a few points:

-metal case for better cooling and/or silent fan (nice design as Tronsmart and Ugoos have)
              -rk3288 or new cpu rk3368 quad-core or higher
              -mali764 gpu or higher
              -4GB ram or higher
              -32GB Flash or higher
              -HDMI 2.0
              -PVR functionality
              -openelec/android dualboot (as Rikomagic 902II LE has linux/android out the box)
              -official kodi release
              -most of all ON-GOING SUPPORT (seems like nagrace and ugoos are better but Tronsmart and OpenHour stink)

I don't mind if the device is not perfect and ironing out the bugs myself but as a newbie, the support is what is going to make or break it for me. If I know a company will be there for me through thick and thin, so will I in terms of feedback, reviews, referrals etc. Another key thing is compatibility with Kodi and other software/hardware.

That's it for now but there's still more ex. best bluetooth, WiFi, Ethernet, etc.

Hope that helps

Comment

Working...
              X