cache size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cache size

Hi is there one that can tell me how to change the cache size on xbmc. i been looking at the link on there site how to do it. but I'm still lost.
    i have the mini X8-H
    i don't know how to make the xml thing and how i can move it to where it has to be.
    i would like it to cache it more so i won't get lag.
    All my tv is over the net but can only watch it in one room when i have the box from the provider but i can also use my mini X to do it. thats why i need it to cache it some more.

Originally posted by Brinis View Post
    Hi is there one that can tell me how to change the cache size on xbmc. i been looking at the link on there site how to do it. but I'm still lost.
    i have the mini X8-H
    i don't know how to make the xml thing and how i can move it to where it has to be.
    All my tv is over the net but can only watch it in one room when i have the box from the provider but i can also use my mini X to do it. thats why i need it to cache it some more.
    If you have xunity repo installed just add the maintenance addon and it's there. If you use Mashup it's in the fix section. Both have the zero cache tweak or you can set it too different sizes.

Comment

i use tic play to stream from. and its something i pay for. but when i use it on my minix it keeps lagging it only works fine on the tv box i have from my provider. but i don't want to keep moving it when i have to watch tv in another room. so i need to make the xbmc caches some more .

Comment

advancedsettings.xml

Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata
        but for minix xbmc
        Android/data/hk.minix.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata

Sample
        Code:
        <advancedsettings>
          <network>
            <buffermode>1</buffermode>
            <readbufferfactor>2.0</readbufferfactor>
            <cachemembuffersize>209715200</cachemembuffersize>
          </network>
        </advancedsettings>
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Thank you No_spam ill try that hope it will help. happy for your help.
          i mande the xml thing and put it on a sd card. so how do i move it to the folder. ? i can find it but can't make a copy and paste.
          i feel a bit stupied.
          Last edited by Brinis; 08-07-2014, 19:11.

Comment

cache size

Use ES file explorer to copy it

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
              http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title...he_video_cache

Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata
              but for minix xbmc
              Android/data/hk.minix.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata

Sample
              Code:
              <advancedsettings>
                <network>
                  <buffermode>1</buffermode>
                  <readbufferfactor>2.0</readbufferfactor>
                  <cachemembuffersize>209715200</cachemembuffersize>
                </network>
              </advancedsettings>
              i was using another one advancedsettings xml in my measy b4a but i have to admitt yours no_spam_for_me is far more superior i can go where ever i want in mseconds
              beam me up scotty!!!

Comment

thank you i got it done now with es file explorer

Comment

Originally posted by Brinis View Post
                  i have the mini X8-H
                  What xbmc are you using? I had the same problem but changed to the new SPMC and all is great. Happy days :-)

Comment

Working...
                  X