Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gametab One several problems (Root, menu button, and white dot)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gametab One several problems (Root, menu button, and white dot)

Hi there,

I am a owner of a BigBen Gametab One (Specs). I really like using the device as an emulation handheld. But I have a few problems with it:

• The app Adventure Game Studio (like Scumm VM the app is made to play point and click Adventures on Android) requires a menu button to pull up the menu for saving, loading etc. But the Gametab One (Android 4.2.2) does not have a menu button and holding other buttons does not help either. Is there any sulution for getting the menu button?
    • I want to root my device for using the app Sixaxis controller. I tried using this tutorial but unfortunately it does not work. I got the message: failed on '/data/local/tmp' - permission denied. When I google for this message people say the device has to be rooted first, but I got this message in the rooting procedure therefore I cannot root it first. Wat do I have to do?

If you only know the solution for one of me problems feel free to just answer that.

Thank you really much in advance

Originally posted by GametabOne View Post
    Hi there,

I am a owner of a BigBen Gametab One (Specs). I really like using the device as an emulation handheld. But I have a few problems with it:

• The app Adventure Game Studio (like Scumm VM the app is made to play point and click Adventures on Android) requires a menu button to pull up the menu for saving, loading etc. But the Gametab One (Android 4.2.2) does not have a menu button and holding other buttons does not help either. Is there any sulution for getting the menu button?
    • I want to root my device for using the app Sixaxis controller. I tried using this tutorial but unfortunately it does not work. I got the message: failed on '/data/local/tmp' - permission denied. When I google for this message people say the device has to be rooted first, but I got this message in the rooting procedure therefore I cannot root it first. Wat do I have to do?

If you only know the solution for one of me problems feel free to just answer that.

Thank you really much in advance
    Try this for rooting
    Free Windows utility Kingo Android Root makes it a snap to take total control just about any Android smartphone. Here's how to use it.

or this
    Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Thank you really much.

I used your second method Vroot. Since it's all in chinese it's quite disturbing. Can I just uninstall the App and install Superuser and everything will run fine?

Comment

Working...
      X