Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VPN for Android TV Box.

Hi,
    I have 2 TV Boxes, both Minix, and I'm currently thinking about signing up to a VPN. Likely Purevpn subject to doing a trial. I'm in Australia so keen to have a Aust server otherwise I would be looking at PIA.
    I mostly just use XBMC, and was after a little more privacy after the current policy / piracy crackdown discussions by the Aust Govt. I don't torrent.
    Do vpn's work well with Android boxes and xbmc, I would be very keen to hear the experiences of others.
    Thanks

Hi,
    That depends on the firmware and android version
    Android 4.0 - mostly dont work (it just reboots)
    Jb 4.2 - most work (on stock fw, you might need Root and tun.ko installer from g-market)
    Kitkat - most work out of the box

Cheers

Comment

hi

hi people ive got a mx box and ive factory reset it, and added firmware .....
      did a reboot after it and now me box doesnt work .alls i have is the blue light and me tv says no signal..........i can even get into recovery mode
      can some one please help me thanks

Comment

this is all im getting

help!!!!
        Attached Files

Comment

You better hope its not your HDMI socket. Have AVI on your box, If yes try it in AV mode on your tv. If A picture shows on your tv then its your HDMI socket on your box. Hope this helps. PS. what mx box you got. mx7 or mx8.
          Last edited by bigall123; 08-11-2014, 17:47. Reason: Forgot some thing.

Comment

Originally posted by bigall123 View Post
            You better hope its not your HDMI socket. Have AVI on your box, If yes try it in AV mode on your tv. If A picture shows on your tv then its your HDMI socket on your box. Hope this helps. PS. what mx box you got. mx7 or mx8.
            I think it's a mx 2 little black square thing says mx on top

Comment

I've had a good experience with express vpn and a minix X7 box. No issues at all. They have lots of servers, speeds are good.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X