Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to connect to RKBatch Tool with TWRP installed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to connect to RKBatch Tool with TWRP installed?

I have flashed my minix x7 many times with no issues. The drivers are all installed correctly, my setup hasn't changed.

The only thing that has changed is that I guess when I installed Finless Rom 1.9 it loaded TWRP as the recovery. Now when I hold in reset to get the device into flash mode it is no longer recognised by RKBatch Tool. Is this correct or am I missing something?

I cannot now install the Wasser rom because it seems that the device is not recognised by my PC when TWRP boots.

You know you have to push the power button as well.

Comment

Originally posted by coolio2004 View Post
      You know you have to push the power button as well.
      Please tell me this is a joke.

Comment

Hey Fred, are you using the stock usb > otg cable?
        or maybe the "connect to pc" checked in settings?
        It shouldn't boot to twrp if the RKBATCHTOOL is running on your pc before putting the x7 into flash mode?
        Minix Neo X7 - Wasser 1.0.4 OC'd - Kodi-helix with passthrough
        Beelink M8B - Wasser 1.0.3 - Kodi-helix alpha 2 + SPMC

Comment

Originally posted by ant View Post
          Hey Fred, are you using the stock usb > otg cable?
          or maybe the "connect to pc" checked in settings?
          It shouldn't boot to twrp if the RKBATCHTOOL is running on your pc before putting the x7 into flash mode?
          Thanks. You actually fixed my problem, indirectly! It's the dumbest thing...

I have a handful of micro usb cables, all decent quality, came with phones etc. However, it was only when you mentioned the stock OTG cable that I looked at the cables in more detail. I don't know if my box is unique but it appears that my box is built in a way that the micro usb port is set back a little too far from the casing meaning that all but one of my micro usb cables had connectors that were too short to actually connect to the box. This is why it wasn't being detected by the computer and was booting to TWRP when I powered up holding reset.

See below... the only one that would work was the one on the left. All the others were too short to make a connection yet work fine with all my other devices.

I can honestly say I never noticed the different length of the micro usb connections on a cable. Thought I'd share for anyone else caught out by something so trivial.

Comment

Tbh I'm the same, got a load of usb > otg from various devices and most of them differ in length!?
            Nice your flashing again! Hope you enjoy wasser ROM.

Comment

Originally posted by FredQ View Post
              Thanks. You actually fixed my problem, indirectly! It's the dumbest thing...

I have a handful of micro usb cables, all decent quality, came with phones etc. However, it was only when you mentioned the stock OTG cable that I looked at the cables in more detail. I don't know if my box is unique but it appears that my box is built in a way that the micro usb port is set back a little too far from the casing meaning that all but one of my micro usb cables had connectors that were too short to actually connect to the box. This is why it wasn't being detected by the computer and was booting to TWRP when I powered up holding reset.

See below... the only one that would work was the one on the left. All the others were too short to make a connection yet work fine with all my other devices.

I can honestly say I never noticed the different length of the micro usb connections on a cable. Thought I'd share for anyone else caught out by something so trivial.

Just sayin', If you loose your stock cable you can take an x-acto knife and trim the molded plastic back a little bit to make it fit.
              FLHT = Harley
              HEMI = 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT
              Cause I've been asked.

Comment

Originally posted by flhthemi View Post
                Just sayin', If you loose your stock cable you can take an x-acto knife and trim the molded plastic back a little bit to make it fit.
                Anything for a 1/16"....

Comment

thanks

wow nice one dude, keep on sharing i really useful.

Comment

Working...
                  X