possible CX-919's with RK3188 and not RK3188T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

possible CX-919's with RK3188 and not RK3188T

After reading all the threads regarding the downgrade of the RK3188 chip to the RK3188T edition, I searched for several days to find, if there is any dongle available with the old, fast, chip...yesterday I came up with a seller from ****, who replied that he has specifically such dongles...so I ordered one an waiting to see if it is true...As I have only a few posts and don't want anybody to see it as advertisement, I am not going to post a link until the mods think it's ok to do so...

I just bought a cx-919 off e-bay 2 weeks ago. It's a CX-919 but not sure about non T. How do we look for the T mark? I did an Antutu test and its says 4x 1.6 cpu. Score was 16000. My minix X7 is way higher @ 19000 and I know thats a non T. I tried changing the cpu speed and its locked @1.4 max. So I think mine is a T.

Comment

I think there is an app, somewhere in the forums, that can tell you which version you have...

Comment

Do you know, the name of this app?

Comment

The only way to find out is to open the device and look for it on the chip.

The difference between the two are pretty small now they have been unlocked thanks to d33, anything that runs slow on the T will run about the same on the non T. Synthetic benchmarks will score higher, but if something is running at 20fps it will only run around 22fps on an original - if that.
          Currently Using:
          2 x Nvidia Shield TV | MiniMX III
          Retired Devices:
          MiniMX III-II | Mk808b Pro | Mk808b Plus | Raspberry Pi 1 + 2 | UBOX R89 | MK808 | MK808b | CS008 | X1 4K (rk3288_809) | CYX_809III | Ouya | CX-919 | S82 Plus | Tronstmart R68

Comment

well, it turned out the stick was not one with a RK3188 chip...it had the T version...moreover it was not even an original CX919 but a clone with a CYX 809III pcb...I am in process of negotiating with the seller regarding a return or a generous refund....seller name in **** is hola-fly

Comment

Working...
            X