this is 5% off coupon for buy tablets : ZM201203234

Comment

Re: Cube U30GT Clockwork dem

Not certain what you are asking here?
      900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

He wants a video showing the new ROM and CWM in action.

I am usually pretty good at doing videos but just have not had time to do them for my ROMs either.

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
          He wants a video showing the new ROM and CWM in action.

I am usually pretty good at doing videos but just have not had time to do them for my ROMs either.

Bob
          I'm more words than video myself. Funnily enough my soldering improved a lot after watching a video, handy for models and work on the electrics on the bike :-)
          900Supersport

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Comment

I can't get the restore function to work, i get md5 mismatch, any ideas? Or is it same for all?

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I've used backup and restore a few times I'm the last day on my cube mini as I experiment with flashing from Linux. It's worked flawlessly for me.

Have you been editing, adding to or in any way changing the backups?
              900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Nope, i backed up, then 5 minutes later tried restore but just got md5 mismatch. Tried it again with another backup and still got the same error

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

Comment

What I have heard is that like the Yuandao N101, there is a SDcard corruption issue. I cannot do backups to my external sdcard on my Yuandao N101 because fo this issue.

Please take the sdcard you backed up to and plug it into windows and do a disk check on it. If the sdcard is corrupt CWM will fail every time. Then to see if you have this issue. Fix the sdcard and try another CWM backup. Then plug the sdcard back into windows and check it again. If windows said it has problems, they you have the same issue as the Yuandao.

On my yuandao what I have to do is backup to internal sd and then copy the CWM folder to external sd. No other way. FYI, mopst believe this is a hardware issue and cannot be resolved by a ROM. It has to do with the sdcard formatted as FAT32.

Now the yuandao does support sdcard as NTFS and this stops the corruption issue. However I have been unable to make CWM work with NTFS formatted sdcards.

Bob
                  "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                  "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                  "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                  "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                  "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                  "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                  "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                  "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                  "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

A change of theme by clockwork

Snakekiller has kindly done a little themeing for me. To do this he has changes the following files

/system/app
                    LatinIME.apk
                    Setting.apk
                    SystemUI.apk

/system/framework
                    framework-res.apk

I've packaged these up as a clockwork update.zip, I've done this for my cube mini but I expect it should work fine with other tabs. Download it from the link below, this should save it in the sdcard (internal) in the Downloads folder.

NOTE Ceptic informs me that this does not work on the cube mini with JB.

Clockwork update -> update_snake.zip (11.47 meg)

For maximum safety when you start recovery you would backup the system, then if it all goes wrong or you don't like the change you can restore. if you skip this step you should be OK.

To update
                    Now reboot to recovery or start in recovery
                    navigate and select 'install zip from sdcard'
                    navigate and select 'choose zip from internal sdcard'
                    navigate and select Download/
                    navigate and select 'update_snake.zip'
                    confirm you want to apply the change
                    wait a minutes or so as the update is implemented
                    navigate and select 'Go Back' until you are at the main menu
                    Select reboot

Once the tab restarts you will notice a few changes including the status bar, system settings and keyboard.

Hope you like it.
                    Last edited by 900supersport; 09-30-2012, 22:12.
                    900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
                      Snakekiller has kindly done a little themeing for me. To do this he has changes the following files

/system/app
                      LatinIME.apk
                      Setting.apk
                      SystemUI.apk

/system/framework
                      framework-res.apk

I've packaged these up as a clockwork update.zip, I've done this for my cube mini but I expect it should work fine with other tabs. Download it from the link below, this should save it in the sdcard (internal) in the Downloads folder.

Clockwork update -> update_snake.zip (11.47 meg)

For maximum safety when you start recovery you would backup the system, then if it all goes wrong or you don't like the change you can restore. if you skip this step you should be OK.

To update
                      Now reboot to recovery or start in recovery
                      navigate and select 'install zip from sdcard'
                      navigate and select 'choose zip from internal sdcard'
                      navigate and select Download/
                      navigate and select 'update_snake.zip'
                      confirm you want to apply the change
                      wait a minutes or so as the update is implemented
                      navigate and select 'Go Back' until you are at the main menu
                      Select reboot

Once the tab restarts you will notice a few changes including the status bar, system settings and keyboard.

Hope you like it.
                      This doesn't work for U30GT-H using your v1.0 ROM. I installed the zip file and now my tablet hangs at boot with the JB Droid flashing eyes. It would be all OK but my vol+ rocker just stopped working so I have finally been visited by the Cube QC gremlin! I will have to pull my tablet apart and see if I can fix the Volume up to allow me to boot into CWM/Flash mode.

Comment

That's not good, have you opened up the cube before?

I've edited the post above warning about applying to JB.

Another thing to try maybe before dissassembly is connect the cube to the pc and start the flash tool. Now restart the cube and keep an eye on the flash tool, there is often a short interval when the cube is recognised when you wil be abl to click thw restart in flash mode button.
                        900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

That's not good, have you opened up the cube before?

I've edited the post above warning about applying to JB.

Another thing to try maybe before dissassembly is connect the cube to the pc and start the flash tool. Now restart the cube and keep an eye on the flash tool, there is often a short interval when the cube is recognised when you wil be abl to click thw restart in flash mode button.
                          For my sins I am a mediocre surgeon in my day job and have done some electronics as a young bloke so disassembling the Cube was easy. I had read on another forum that the 'glue' holding the volume micro switch gives way but in actuality it is solder under the 'glue'. Cleaning the glue away and some judicial application of solder and my volume+ rocker works again. I think my tab works after re-flashing which is no fault of the ROM (I was heavy handed with a screwdriver disassembling and scratched one of the flexible flat flexible cables that connect screens/cameras/etc).

Comment

Ceptic

Not certain from that last post button think you are sayiing you think you damaged a cable while fixing the volume contols. Hopefuly a careful assambly and inspection will identify the issue.

Feel for you with this, I'm wary of modding my u30gt h as I don't have the option of flashing to fix.
                            900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

A couple of ideas if you thinly the tab is working but you have broken the ribbon cable to the screen.

Is the tab detected by your pc?
                              Is the hdmi working?
                              Is the tab visible to other wireless devices.

I've repaired tracks on circuit boards using one of the prototyping pens with metallic ink. If you do identify the issue is a cracked track on the cable it could be worth a try.
                              900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

A couple of ideas if you thinly the tab is working but you have broken the ribbon cable to the screen.

Is the tab detected by your pc?
                                Is the hdmi working?
                                Is the tab visible to other wireless devices.

I've repaired tracks on circuit boards using one of the prototyping pens with metallic ink. If you do identify the issue is a cracked track on the cable it could be worth a try.
                                Brian,

Thanks for the advice but thankfully I didn't need it and the ribbon cable is intact because the screen is working fine. I stupidly wiped the NAND and lost my backup so I am now enjoying your ROM and reinstalling the apps that I used often. I like this forum and how helpful everyone is... but I've liked everything today after fiing my tab and avoiding a $200 loss!

Chris

Chris

Comment

Working...
                                X