Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Horizontal lines flashing across screen.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horizontal lines flashing across screen.

So I installed wasser 1.0.4 + kodi alpha 2 which work GREAT!

However, when I use kodi (xbmc) I get a couple random horizontal lines flashing across my screen every second or so. Even when a video is not playing.

Sometime the lines span across the whole width of the screen, sometime they are only an inch or two long.

Othertimes I get what looks like the entire tv screen refreshing itself (blinking on and off). And then my TV display the "video information" again in the top corner. eg "1080p HDMI 2"

It's almost as if there is not enough power through the hdmi cable. Is that possible?

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks.

P.S. This did not happen with Finless 1.9 or any other ROM I used.

I get them a lot, a single plug in and out of the HDMI cable does the trick.

My Sammy TV has really shitty HDMI ports, they are very very lose, and i hesitate to point fingers anywhere else tbh.

Comment

Thanks. Tried that. Didn't seem to make a difference.

I should have mentioned that just before I upgraded to wasser 1.0.4, I was using Finless 1.9 and I never saw any lines.

Is it possible that the signal strength is different between these two ROMs?

Comment

Originally posted by BubbaLovesTV View Post
        Thanks. Tried that. Didn't seem to make a difference.

I should have mentioned that just before I upgraded to wasser 1.0.4, I was using Finless 1.9 and I never saw any lines.

Is it possible that the signal strength is different between these two ROMs?
        What you describe sounds more like a cable issue... not a software one.

Comment

Originally posted by rdsok View Post
          What you describe sounds more like a cable issue... not a software one.
          I do support wrong cable to. I had those kind of problem and solved by changing cable and using HDMI switcher with 2 or 5.1 passthrue, never encounter problem with video or sound after that.
          T428 ,Radxa Rock (RR), cs918s v1.0, waiting for my X7...

Comment

Working...
          X