• Time
  • Show
Clear All

RK3188_R advice

Hi guys I'm got this box running spmc latest version,
    model rk31au
    andriod version 4.2.2
    kernel 3.0.36+
    It's seems to be running a bit slow, by slow I mean the buffering, don't seem to be downloading sometimes as fast as viewing,
    Should I update the firmware, if possible, my broadband speed 100m and my upload speed is 12m thanks
    I am a newbie at this game. But like learning, thanks guys

I got one of these and mine runs sweat. I think you may have to fiddle with the video settings on XBMC to get your play back a bit better. Try different hardware acceleration and software acceleration settings to see if it helps playback. Also try a different add on to play what your watching. Sometimes I'll be watching a tv series with say, Genesis add on, then after a few episodes of streaming perfectly it starts buffering for long periods of time, I'll get fed up and try watching the same buffering episode on say, Mash Up add on, then they stream perfect like before.
    If it's still lagging, try a factory reset and start a fresh. A pain but if it carries on lagging then you know that you've got a bum device and it's time to reinvest in a new one.

Comment

It's just a shame there isn't more info on this model.

Comment

RK3188_R advice

Same here. Ran this device with Frodo and it was fine. Updated to Gotham and it ran just fine until recently when it started lagging in voice and stuttering. Played about with all settings and given up. I get the feeling that the hardware is not upto the job so am ditching it for a NUC

Comment

Working...
        X