• Time
  • Show
Clear All

My result: 37,7fps

Comment

@bly Thanks!
      Unfortunately its not chanded. I will keep waiting. XD

Comment

after trying to root the device... I got OTA: v2.0.1.20140828!

But couldn't install, cause of the root!

Comment

Hey Randy, I think you want to check this

Comment

Thanks for that link. I will try to work on it today.
            Randy
            Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
            Read my BIO Here
            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
            Donate here

Comment

2.0.1 is out for ifive mini 3gs. Feels overall snappier then before

Comment

Great news!!!!!

I'm getting started on this new ROM.
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                Donate here

Comment

RileyROM v1.5 is available using the 2.0.1 firmware:

Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

not recognized

hi there i'm trying to flash my 3gs but the flash tool does not recognize my
                    3gs when its off. my laptop does make a sound after i plug it in, it makes the sound when the charging logo appears on the 3gs screen.

but the laptop does not see it i have tried everything all the drivers are up to date, when i check device manager i see samsug android phone
                    android adb interface

so everything looks fine but i have to say that when i connect the 3gs while it's off it first makes a weird
                    sound after the charging logo appears then it makes the normal usb plug sound but still not recognizeable

please help me i'm triyng to flash or 3 days now and i see no solution

Comment

First of all, the newest version is 1.5. Yesterday, I updated the ROM kit to include the flash tool from this ROM v1.4. It is now v1.5.1.

The best way to install the correct drivers for MTK devices, just run the included PDAnet app included in the ROM kit (you will see the folder PDAnet_4150. Connect your tablet and see that the program recognizes your tablet. Once you have a connection, you can close the PDAnet app and delete it because you won't be needing it in the future, and the flash tool may not see your tablet if the PDAnet app is running on your PC.

Open the included flash tool.

Select the scatter file from one in the RileyROM folder.

You will see all of the ROM components appear on the list of files to flash.

The default setting will be "download only" for the flash tool. This is where people get in trouble, and I'm getting conflicting reports on which setting is best for this ROM. If you run it "download only" it will simply flash this ROM on top of the current firmware loaded on your device. Your data will remain intact this way. However, since the partition parameters have changed with this version to combine the user app space with the internal SD memory, my thinking is that you really need to select "format and download" instead. But if you do this, all of your data will be lost...including your IMEI number and NVRAM.bin (which are your 3G and wifi settings).

This is why it is important for you to root your device with the recovery flashable zip file (MTK_root_update.zip) located in the RileyROM folder of v1.4 and use the MTKDroidTools app (also included in the ROM kit) to make a complete backup of your tablet's current firmware settings (including your NVRAM.bin). All of this is explained in the MTK First Time User's Guide.pdf in the root of the ROM kit.

Once your tablet has root, then you also need to install an app called MobileUncle.apk. This is an Android app (available on Google Play Store) that works with MTK devices to make backups of your IMEI numbers and a bunch of other things. Run the app and back up your IMEI numbers (both SIM slots) to your external SD (if you save it to your internal SD, it will be erased when you install this ROM). Or, you might need to copy the backup files to your PC (if you don't have an external SD card).

Once you have all of your backups made and saved in a safe place (off of your internal SD), then you are ready to flash this ROM.

Turn your tablet off and unplug the USB cable.

Open the Flash Tool and load the scatter file (as explained above)

Select "format and download" mode.

Click the download button on the flash tool (with the tablet still unplugged)

Now, plug in your tablet to the USB.

The flash process will immediately start.

When the flash process is finished you will get a box on your PC screen telling you it's done.

Unplug your USB from the tablet.

Press and hold the vol+ button and press power. This will boot your tablet into Recovery.

Scroll down the Recovery Menu and find "wipe/factory reset" and select it.

Once this is done, reboot your tablet to the system.

You will have a clean installation. Then you can begin restoring all of your backups. Download the MobileUncle tool and restore your IMEI number.

If you get NVRAM errors, you can use the flash tool to flash back your NVRAM.bin file that you dumped with the MTKDroidTool (by itself in download only mode).

If you want to install the included CWM Recovery, you can flash it by itself in download only mode).

If I've missed anything, other users can chime in...especially if you disagree with a step or two. I've tested this method on my tablet and it works.
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

i have followed every step

but still m laptop does not detect the tablet when it's off

i can not acces files when the tablet is off

this is so weird, when the tablet is on i can access eveything when it's off nothing

Comment

What version of Windows are you running on your laptop? Windows 8.1 has problems with these drivers. You might try a different PC running an older version of Windows.

Sent from my P1 using Tapatalk
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

hi there i'm using windows 7 x64

if the drivers work correctly when the tablet is on does that mean that the drivers are ok?

Comment

Not necessarily. The drivers you are needing are the vcom adb drivers the tools use to communicate with your tablet's system.

The best way I've found to install them is to run the PDAnet app I included in the ROM kit. It will automatically install the required drivers. Then you can uninstall the app.

Sent from my P1 using Tapatalk
                              Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

Hi Riley

it seems that he wants to access files from the tablet when the tablet is OFF. Maybe you could explain.

Originally posted by mo4444 View Post
                                ...i can not acces files when the tablet is off....when the tablet is on i can access eveything...
                                Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X