Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cube talk 9X - broken screen :(

My daughter just left down the tablet and the screen is broken … :’(

The LCD display is still working, but I need now to replace the touchpad screen. I didn’t find any spare components on the web, even on alibaba/aliexpress. Where could we purchase touch scrren for the U65GT ?

Thanks

That's probably hard as this is a fairly new product. You can just ship it back to the manufacturer and pay for the repairing cost, which is very cheap. However, shipping might be expensive if you are over the sea.

Comment

Originally posted by bloommax View Post
      That's probably hard as this is a fairly new product. You can just ship it back to the manufacturer and pay for the repairing cost, which is very cheap. However, shipping might be expensive if you are over the sea.
      I didn't know that it was possible to get it repaired from the manufacturer. Thank you for the information.
      I just send them an email. I hope it will be possible ....

Comment

Cube answered me.
        the price to repair the glass is 60USD, plus the transport which is arround 30 to 50USD (twice).
        As the total will be closed to a new one, they will jsut ship me a new glass for 75USD (TP included) and I will do the repair myself.

Comment

did you already repair the tablet?

As soon as you open your tablet could you please post some pictures of the inside??

thanks and good luck for your "chirurgic job" with the tablet!
          if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
          https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
            did you already repair the tablet?

As soon as you open your tablet could you please post some pictures of the inside??

thanks and good luck for your "chirurgic job" with the tablet!
            It would be interesting to find ANY info on teardown of the 9x. After seeing some other tabs, like the Ramos and iFive specimens ...that needed a heat gun to get them apart ...I am wondering if the 9x is similar.

Just found out mine is at the post office ...will have it in hand in a few hours!
            Cube T9; Pipo M8 Pro (on life support); LG gPad

Comment

I have found this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUWSVVqOeto

Comment

Duplicate. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by driver001 View Post
                  Neat.

Looks like Cube is staying with the easily removeable back vs. what some others are doing. Definitely a plus if one needs to open it.

Clean build; very good good space management.

Comment

I agree, not only: a GREAT improvement VS PIPO tablets where everything is kept togeether with the tape and antennas are hand soldered!!!!

Here inside the cube everything is very well engeenered!

Comment

I received my touch glass yesterday. I installed it successfully this morning.
                      I ordered it from Cube manufacturer (58€ including transport). They are very responsive and they sent it quickly. It took 2 weeks to receive it. It was shiped in a Cube Talk 9X box, with platisc protection inside. This company is very good and take care of its customers. Small negative point: I asked for a dissassembly instructionand I never get answer (may be those documents are for their internal use only).

I toke a picture for each dissassembly step. I took me less than hour, but this is not my first device repair. I you do for the first time, take your time and do it slowly.

Remove GSM card holder and sdcard.
                      Start heating the border of the screen (300°C). Take care to not stay too long on the same area, and don't heat the middle of the screen, don't put the heater too close from the screen. Little by little, unglue the border by starting by the bottom (you can see that the plastic border have an empty space, this is where you can start inserting a plastic piece to remove the glass). Re-heat each time the glue is not anymore slimy.
                      Take care to not break the touchpad connector at the bottom right if you intend to use the same glass.

Open the screen as shown below.

The LCD display is fixed with metalic clips on 3 of the 4 borders. Push them to free the display.

Now you can remove the plastic border inside. Use a plastic card to push on the clips all arround.

Remove the aluminium back cover. Here we are !

My intention was to replace the touch screen only, so I didn't dissassembly the mother board. I just removed 2 screws, and remove the touchpad connector (pull down the lever before unplug it). Remove the sticker on the wire band before processing.

Remove the previous connector, and prepare the new screen by removing the protective sticker at the end of the wire.

Put in position the new screen (dont glue it and keep the protections at this stage). Don't forget the power+vol buttons.
                      Start the tablet (push the upper right metalic button) and check that the touchpad is correctly working, then switch it off.
                      Assemble back the plastic border to the aluminium cover and push all clips.

Pull down the adhesive protections on the borders.

Remove the protection of the screen (inside side).

Carefully remove dust with a microfiber cloth.

Place the screen. Press all arround the border to stick it.
                      Heat the border (300°C max) and press again to definitively fix it.

Last edited by seb_131; 09-14-2014, 16:10.

Comment

Thank you for detailed photos, very helpfull when u r in troubles.

Comment

Great post thanks.
                          900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

wow! congratulations!
                            really a fantastic job seb_131 !

Comment

Originally posted by [B
                              seb_131[/B];226896]I received my touch glass yesterday.

I toke a picture for each dissassembly step.
                              You have a white version of Talk 9x
                              Please take a closeup photo on the touch screen chip,
                              I need to compare between the black version.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X