A little Help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little Help.

Hello Every One, i'm Mario from Italy, and before ask you help, i want to apologize for my basic english.

So, i bought a Minix Neo 7 two days ago.

I use my Minix with an amplifier Yamaha rxv673, so I have to use Hdmi Passthrough.

I tried Finless 1.9 on 4.2.2, and upgrade to 4.4.2 and i tried Wasser and qs3.1.

With every distribution i have a lot of problem of instability.

My minix reboot a lot when xbmc is working downloading the scraper of my 2 tb of film and tv shoes (i have all into my Nas Synolgoy Ds213j).

I have to use this minix Only with xbmc and Google Chrome.

Can you give me some advices to find at least a stable rom with a good kernel to use with xbmc gotham with hdmi passthrough and with add-on?

Please Help Me

Originally posted by xmnemox View Post
    Hello Every One, i'm Mario from Italy, and before ask you help, i want to apologize for my basic english.

So, i bought a Minix Neo 7 two days ago.

I use my Minix with an amplifier Yamaha rxv673, so I have to use Hdmi Passthrough.

I tried Finless 1.9 on 4.2.2, and upgrade to 4.4.2 and i tried Wasser and qs3.1.

With every distribution i have a lot of problem of instability.

My minix reboot a lot when xbmc is working downloading the scraper of my 2 tb of film and tv shoes (i have all into my Nas Synolgoy Ds213j).

I have to use this minix Only with xbmc and Google Chrome.

Can you give me some advices to find at least a stable rom with a good kernel to use with xbmc gotham with hdmi passthrough and with add-on?

Please Help Me
    hi mario
    you are on the right way

i use this combination and its extreme stable and also extreme fast:

rom ->> Wasser kitkat 1.04
    http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?9594-UPDATE-Minix-Neo-X7-wasser-firmware-1-0-4-KitKat-Android-4-4-2&

xbmc->> kodi helix (thats the newest xbmc available)
    MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

its the first alpha-version.i use this one because the alpha 2 is not so good.
    this one is veeeeery fast and good.i can play filies bigger than 30gb ;D

so you have to deinstall the "wasser xbmc" in the wasser kitkatrom,then install the "koda helix" ;D
    i hope this will help u

Comment

Originally posted by dermuggi View Post
      hi mario
      you are on the right way

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?9594-UPDATE-Minix-Neo-X7-wasser-firmware-1-0-4-KitKat-Android-4-4-2&

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

so you have to deinstall the "wasser xbmc" in the wasser kitkatrom,then install the "koda helix" ;D
      i hope this will help u
      I'm trying right now! =) tonight i have installed this exact configuration! I hope will work! =)

Comment

Originally posted by dermuggi View Post
        hi mario
        you are on the right way

i hope this will help u

So....hdmi is working... But continue to reboot and i have The problem that some app (kodi) is closing unexpectedly...

I used kernel oc , i install kernel With rkandroid tool... And than rkbatchtool to flash firmware....

Where am i wrong?

Comment

So....hdmi is working... But continue to reboot and i have The problem that some app (kodi) is closing unexpectedly...

I used kernel oc , i install kernel With rkandroid tool... And than rkbatchtool to flash firmware....

Where am i wrong?
          Not all devices can OC the same amount... First test with the stock kernel to see if the rebooting stops... then only apply as much OC as you need and no more. Start at the stock speed, then test a little faster and repeat until the system becomes unstable... drop back one or two speeds from where it became unstable at.

Comment

Originally posted by rdsok View Post
            Not all devices can OC the same amount... First test with the stock kernel to see if the rebooting stops... then only apply as much OC as you need and no more. Start at the stock speed, then test a little faster and repeat until the system becomes unstable... drop back one or two speeds from where it became unstable at.

i suppose that the stock kernel is ok...
            i have only to see 1080p video and nothing else...
            the stock kernel can support this?

where can i find the stock clock?

Comment

i suppose that the stock kernel is ok...
              i have only to see 1080p video and nothing else...
              the stock kernel can support this?

where can i find the stock clock?
              It's usually the one included when you flash the ROM you are using... and they usually have it included with their other kernels that you OC'd with... So look in the download of kernels you already have... read the posts for the ROM you are using for more exact info since each one differs slightly

Comment

Originally posted by rdsok View Post
                It's usually the one included when you flash the ROM you are using... and they usually have it included with their other kernels that you OC'd with... So look in the download of kernels you already have... read the posts for the ROM you are using for more exact info since each one differs slightly

i will use wasser, but i see that there is a standard kernel @1080 but is for versione 0.92 not 1.0.4...is the same?

Comment

The newest kernels listed are for the 1.0.3a ... If you have further questions about them... ask in that thread since I have no idea and that would keep the info in the right place

Comment

we're on the same ship, for some odd reasons, my box does not like to OC.

What you can do though is...flash stock kernel, and change a few things withing android...

Download No-frills CPU Control and change these:
                    • Min Freq to 1000mhz
                    • Max Freq to 1600mhz
                    • Governor to OnDemand
                    • I/O Scheduler to Noop

this works very well for 1080p playback, so far tested with files up to 30 gigs via 100meg ethernet, no problems at all.

I recomment everybody to install Google Now Launcher as well, as it is the newest launcher of google and is actually an updated version of the Launcher3 we see inside...

Comment

Originally posted by Pluto View Post
                      we're on the same ship, for some odd reasons, my box does not like to OC.

What you can do though is...flash stock kernel, and change a few things withing android...

Download No-frills CPU Control and change these:
                      • Min Freq to 1000mhz
                      • Max Freq to 1600mhz
                      • Governor to OnDemand
                      • I/O Scheduler to Noop

this works very well for 1080p playback, so far tested with files up to 30 gigs via 100meg ethernet, no problems at all.

I recomment everybody to install Google Now Launcher as well, as it is the newest launcher of google and is actually an updated version of the Launcher3 we see inside...
                      i also do not recommend too high oc ;D
                      ram-oc is always good.

u have to try a kernel like this one:

----->>> CPU: 312/504/816/1008/1200/1416/1608, DDR:720, GPU: 133/200/266/300/400/600

but as a 1080p-kernel ;D
                      that one would do the job i assume ^^
                      Last edited by dermuggi; 08-29-2014, 16:39.

Comment

Just an addition thought, maybe the power supply isn't strong enough to handle the overclocking?
                        FLHT = Harley
                        HEMI = 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT
                        Cause I've been asked.

Comment

I used TNT Quickshot 2 ROM. Very stable.

As rdsok has mentioned in other threads no need to over clock. You will needlessly shorten the life of your device.

With x7 my cause for random reboots is air mouse. Non MINIX air mice are an issue with stock ROM. QV2 has patch support for Mele f10 and others.

I will try the kk QV3 ROM. Note that it's harder to flash back to JB ROMs so do your research first.

Good luck

Comment

Working...
                          X