Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nextbook 8 nx008hd8g m8000nd Touchscreen inverted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nextbook 8 nx008hd8g m8000nd Touchscreen inverted!

Hi i'm new in the forum i read some threads about Nextbook tablets you are a really good support team Today i change the original motherboard m8000nbd of my Nextbook 8 because the the processor are damaged , i find on **** a new motherboard m8000nd compatible with my nx008hd8g tablet. I have installed this very easy but now the Touchscreen are inverted for example if i touch left is right and right is left, all work very good only the touchscreen have problem . I read in some threads about change the firmware fix this but i dont know if this work for me. How can i solve this? Help me please. Thanks!

My problem is like this
    Last edited by Mthor; 08-29-2014, 06:56.

I'm guessing that this problem was caused by either flashing an incompatible ROM, or editing the build.prop file, would that be correct?

ShaunMT
    Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

I only buy the motherboard and install it. I have not flashing, not new room or new android.I supposed that the new motherboard would recognize me everything. The motherboard installed is the m8000nd and the another components like usb port, hdmi port, micro usb port work fine only the touchscreen are inverted. Do you think if I install a new room I solve the inverted touchscreen?

Comment

Originally posted by Mthor View Post
        I try to flash the old motherboard m8000nbd and i think that would be the problem. But i have a new motherboard installed m8000nd and the another components like usb port, hdmi port, micro usb port work fine only the touchscreen are inverted. Do you think that i need install a new room on this new motherboard m8000nd?
        Either a new ROM with the correct configuration, or try editing the build.prop to adjust the orientation to sync the hardware with the ROM.

These are the build.prop lines that control touch & orientation syncing between the hardware and ROM, but I have no idea what combination of values might work for you:

#degrees of display rotation: 0, 90, 180, 270
        ro.sf.hwrotation=

#0~7 You are required to get the correct install direction according the sensor placement on target board
        ro.sf.gsensorposition=

#swap touch x & y axis 0/1
        ro.sf.Gconvert_x_y=

#invert touch axes 0/1
        ro.sf.Gconvert_x=
        ro.sf.Gconvert_y=
        ro.sf.Gconvert_z=

#Sensor position 0-9?
        ro.sf.ecompassposition=

#Allow screen rotation 0/1
        allow_all_orientations=

Fixing this the type of issue you have, usually requires changing a combination of 2 or more of these settings. Due to the number of possible combinations, it may be easier to try a different ROM.

ShaunMT
        Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

How can i edit the build.prop file? or what room do you recommends me?

Comment

How can i edit the build.prop file?
            The build.prop can be either be edited before the ROM is made, or after flashing on a rooted device.

The easiest way would be to root the device and then download a build.prop editing app from the google play store.

I know that will be touch will the inverted touch screen... you might find it easier to plug a mouse in...

ShaunMT
            Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

I have this on build.pro editor by default:

ro.sf.hwrotation=270

#0~7 You are required to get the correct install direction according the sensor placement on target board
              ro.sf.gsensorposition=6

ro.sf.Gconvert_x_y=0

#invert touch axes 0/1
              ro.sf.Gconvert_x=1
              ro.sf.Gconvert_y=1
              ro.sf.Gconvert_z=1

#Sensor position 0-9?
              ro.sf.ecompassposition= 4

allow_all_orientations=1

If i mod some number that not save the configuration, the program say it will reboot and not reboot, i try to create a backup and that say operation failed! Maybe i'm not root yet.

How can i root this Nextbook 8 nx008hd8g?

ro.product.board= NXM8000ND_WM

Thanks for be patient with me ShaunMT
              Last edited by Mthor; 08-30-2014, 00:28.

Comment

I have this on build.pro editor by default:

ro.sf.hwrotation=270

ro.sf.gsensorposition=6

ro.sf.Gconvert_x_y=0

#invert touch axes 0/1
                ro.sf.Gconvert_x=1
                ro.sf.Gconvert_y=1
                ro.sf.Gconvert_z=1

#Sensor position 0-9?
                ro.sf.ecompassposition= 4

allow_all_orientations=1

If i mod some number that not save the configuration, the program say it will reboot and not reboot, i try to create a backup and that say operation failed! Maybe i'm not root yet.

How can i root this Nextbook 8 nx008hd8g?

ro.product.board= NXM8000ND_WM

Thanks for be patient with me ShaunMT

Sounds like you don't have root. Cydia impactor should work, or you could try flashing a pre-rooted ROM, which might fix your touch issue at the same time.

ShaunMT
                Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
                  Sounds like you don't have root. Cydia impactor should work, or you could try flashing a pre-rooted ROM, which might fix your touch issue at the same time.

ShaunMT

Hello ShaunMT, do you know a ROM pre-rooted or not, for my tablet? I use Cydia Impactor and i'm root now but i change some numbers on build.prop and not repair inverted touch screen.

Comment

Hello ShaunMT, do you know a ROM pre-rooted or not, for my tablet? I use Cydia Impactor and i'm root now but i change some numbers on build.prop and not repair inverted touch screen.
                    Can't promise any of these will work, because we don't know for sure what may have been different between your original board and the one you replaced it with, but....

Look for TWRP recovery here:
                    http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?12618-TWRP-Recovery-with-UBIFS-Support-For-Amlogic-Nextbook-Tablets-(Download-Thread)&p=174961#post174961

And look here for a compatible ROM here:
                    http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?11651-ShaunMT-s-Modified-Stock-Based-ROMs-for-Amlogic-Nextbooks-(Download-Thread)

ShaunMT
                    Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Can't promise any of these will work, because we don't know for sure what may have been different between your original board and the one you replaced it with, but....

Look for TWRP recovery here:
                      http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?12618-TWRP-Recovery-with-UBIFS-Support-For-Amlogic-Nextbook-Tablets-(Download-Thread)&p=174961#post174961

And look here for a compatible ROM here:
                      http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?11651-ShaunMT-s-Modified-Stock-Based-ROMs-for-Amlogic-Nextbooks-(Download-Thread)

ShaunMT

I have installed this room and nothing change. Touchscreen inverted

Comment

I have installed this room and nothing change. Touchscreen inverted
                        Yeah... I was kind of afraid of that...

The board you've got must not be an exact match for your tablet. You're going to have to figure out how to fix the build.prop settings.

ShaunMT
                        Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Yeah... I was kind of afraid of that...

The board you've got must not be an exact match for your tablet. You're going to have to figure out how to fix the build.prop settings.

ShaunMT
                          I have some observation: after install your rom if i connect a usb mouse the pointer is the logo freaktab.com instead the arrow. How can i fix this?

Comment

I have some observation: after install your rom if i connect a usb mouse the pointer is the logo freaktab.com instead the arrow. How can i fix this?
                            Been awhile since that issue came up... it's caused by a bug in BusyBox... I don't remember which version... there is information about it somewhere here at Freaktab, and also other places on the web.

Try updating busybox, if I recall correctly, newer versions fixed the problem.

ShaunMT
                            Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Been awhile since that issue came up... it's caused by a bug in BusyBox... I don't remember which version... there is information about it somewhere here at Freaktab, and also other places on the web.

Try updating busybox, if I recall correctly, newer versions fixed the problem.

ShaunMT
                              Perfect! Now i have the new BusyBox and my pointer return to arrow. Thanks ShaunMT i will work on modify the Build.prop i replay you shortly.

Comment

Working...
                              X