mx3 won't boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mx3 won't boot

Apologies if this is the wrong section pretty sure it's right as it's an S802 I thought there would be more about the mx3.

The last one I had did not pick up 5g. Anyone else had this problem?

Does anyone have the firmware and instructions so I can re flash please? Thanks in advance.

MXIII (2G) version can use the same FW with here->
    Easy way to catch LOG -> Search 'Syslog' in Google Play,then install it and catch log

Comment

Originally posted by oman View Post
      MXIII (2G) version can use the same FW with here->
      http://www.freaktab.com/forumdisplay...devices-M8-etc
      Thanks but it causes an error on 3%

Comment

Originally posted by stuartj9 View Post
        Thanks but it causes an error on 3%
        During flashing?
        try another cable, port (no hub), pc, os....
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
          During flashing?
          try another cable, port (no hub), pc, os....
          I've tried different ports but only have one laptop win7. Even tried toothpick SD card method. No joy. I think it's broken.

Comment

If you get also the same problem at the SD card method I think so too...
            RK3288 Devices
            - Overview BOX (LINK !)
            - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
            UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Mx3 red led on power button and nothing else!

Hi dev's,

Somehow my MX3 box just shutdown and doesn't restart anymore. I've a red led light on the power button and that's it. What I've tried:

With burning tool load original firmware from beelink, no success. It gets around 2% and aborts with error message something about usb...
              Tried 3 different usb ports and 2 different otg cables, no success same issue.

Tried the toothpick pick sd card method, no success.

It seems like I can't get into recovery!
              I've recovery once a bricked s89 model by shorting 2 pins, but don't know which ones on this unit.

Thank you for your support.

Comment

Change the power adapter

Try yo change the poder adapter forma another with the ssme specs (5v - 2000mA). I had the same issue and fix it replacing the poder adapter.
                Good luck!

Originally posted by indi123 View Post
                Hi dev's,

Somehow my MX3 box just shutdown and doesn't restart anymore. I've a red led light on the power button and that's it. What I've tried:

With burning tool load original firmware from beelink, no success. It gets around 2% and aborts with error message something about usb...

I've recovery once a bricked s89 model by shorting 2 pins, but don't know which ones on this unit.

Comment

Originally posted by indi123 View Post
                  Mx3 red led on power button and nothing else!

Hi dev's,

did you get this sorted? i have the same issue?

Comment

I had the same issue at the very start of my unboxing it, and trying unsuccessfully flashing the incorrect version (M8/S82), of TWRP on my M82 (1G/8G) Box. which lead to a Blue Light of Death. I could power up the Device, and the Light would have gone from Red, to Blue. But, the Screen would remain Black. Though both the HDMI, and the SD AV Cable. Not knowing any better at the time I then flashed what must have been either an M8 or, S82 Firmware, which promptly bricked my MXIII into the described state above.

Why nobody want's to listen to me I have no idea. The "trick" to getting past the ~3% Crash is to make sure that the WorldCup Driver is NOT only installed on your Windows PC, as such... Windows 8.x People will have to figure out how to re-admit unsigned Drivers again, before they can actually even install 'em. This shouldn't be that difficult on a Windows 7, Vista or XP System though.

The "Trick" here is when you finally start the Amlogic USB Burning Tool, and you've switched it from Chinese, to Engrish mode, and loaded the hopefully correct *.img File into memory. With all the correct hookups (i.e. Power, OTG-USB -> PC,) connected. You need to press, AND THEN HOLD the Reset Switch (Hidden from within the AV Port!), with either some kind of Toothpick, or an old Q-Tip with the Cotton ends striped off. before your power up the Device.

Heres where most of you are getting it wrong...
                    The Device Powers up, and the "Device" pops up in the List of USB Device. Before the WorldCup Driver has had a chance to actually load up! Yeah I fell for that One too!! e.g. the never ending parade of ~3% CRASH!(ing).

After you power up the Device you MUST keep the Reset Switch firmly held down for ~90 Seconds till Windows ITSELF (Not, just the AUBT!), finds the "Device", and then loads the correct Driver. Only then will it work!

Assuming that you are still having problems in actually finding the correct USB Driver, you can use USBDView to remove any traces of the WorldCup Driver you see there. and, then reinstall it again the way I described above then it'll work.

One other thing... I don't think it matters much on Firmwares at, or BEFORE 110k4, but these new AiO Firmwares post 111k4 do not like to have any of the Erase Radio Buttons checked! Having any of these options checked will also lead to a crash ~ca. 3~4%. This affects 111k4, 112k4, 113k4 & 114k4 *.img ROMs.

Comment

Working...
                    X