Power off and overheating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power off and overheating

Why is there no power off option on the device? Are you meant to keep it on permanent standby or what, i dont feel massively comfortable having this sort of device on constant standby but could it damage it keep powering off\on via the mains

also is anyone elses device get really hot? Im streaming flash videos and i know my android smartphone when i stream flash it gets hot but this seems to get really hot and im worried it wikl overhear.

Hope someone can help

Nobody help?

main thing im concerned about is how hot the box gets after 1-2hrs use, i mean its not super hot but seems uncomfortably hot..is this normal?

Comment

Originally posted by Pte View Post
      Nobody help?

main thing im concerned about is how hot the box gets after 1-2hrs use, i mean its not super hot but seems uncomfortably hot..is this normal?
      I have the crap of CYX_918 v_2.3 and mine powering off itself after XBMC working more than 30 minutes. I put on processor small radiator, make holes on the back bigger on the top . Nothing help. I have UG802 with fullHD firmware and without heatsinks working @ 1200Mhz and all works ok. This device is crap. I think on cold time there will be posibility to warm my hands

Comment

Originally posted by Pte View Post
        Why is there no power off option on the device? Are you meant to keep it on permanent standby or what, i dont feel massively comfortable having this sort of device on constant standby but could it damage it keep powering off\on via the mains

also is anyone elses device get really hot? Im streaming flash videos and i know my android smartphone when i stream flash it gets hot but this seems to get really hot and im worried it wikl overhear.

Hope someone can help
        Powering off standby and restart options has wasser firmware

Comment

Originally posted by Deivs View Post
          I have the crap of CYX_918 v_2.3 and mine powering off itself after XBMC working more than 30 minutes. I put on processor small radiator, make holes on the back bigger on the top . Nothing help. I have UG802 with fullHD firmware and without heatsinks working @ 1200Mhz and all works ok. This device is crap. I think on cold time there will be posibility to warm my hands

Yes, I also had problems with crappy v_2.3 overheating

I put heatsinks on ALL of the chips and drilled large holes in top and bottom of case.
          Now it gets warm but not too hot and no more powering off.

Comment

Do u guys just leave ur unit on standby allday? I usually just turn on plugs in the morning and off at night...is it bad to be on standby so much?

Comment

We use power off (GPlay) or reboot (Freaktab) apps

Comment

Originally posted by SimonT View Post
                Yes, I also had problems with crappy v_2.3 overheating

I put heatsinks on ALL of the chips and drilled large holes in top and bottom of case.
                Now it gets warm but not too hot and no more powering off.

Hi man, what's the size of the radiators? Going to do the same stuff with my box.

Comment

I use a Wasser firmware that allows me to power it down completely.
                  R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by wjofre View Post
                    Hi man, what's the size of the radiators? Going to do the same stuff with my box.

They are not that big so fitted 2 together on the CPU.

Dimensions (of conductive pad area): 13 x 13 x 6 mm ( L x W x H )Dimensions (of fins): 19 x 13 x 6 mm ( L x W x H )

Search on **** for 8 x Aluminum Memory Chip Cooler

Comment

Is there any app to check the cpu/gpu's temeprature ? (RK3188 -> cs918 V2_3 on KK)

Also any idea how to overclock over 1.4 GHz ?

Comment

If I remember correctly and not wrong, this works at the rk3188 rom's
                        Cpu Temperature
                        RK3288 Devices
                        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Nope

Comment

http://s5.postimg.org/cqxsrrj2v/IMG_20150523_141607.jpg
                            FW: Wasser_CS918_CYX_v.2.3_1.04 1080p

Comment

I want to power off but I can not install wasser's firmware. Power off and reboot (freaktab apps) don't work, what can I do?

CS918 v1.2

Comment

Working...
                              X