n00b custom Rom validation question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

n00b custom Rom validation question.

Hi guys, i am new to this Stick's world but def not new to android custom roms....
    here is my question:
    i just purchased the MK809 III Quad Core RK3188 Android TV Stick 2GB RAM 8GB ROM Bluetooth Wifi Mk809III Mini PC Dongle Android 4.2.2

ordered from amazon:

and i have rooted it successfully.
    but it is on 4.2.2 and i want to upgrade to KK...
    Now i've read around and i see that there are several options of this stick? one with new and old wifi chip etc.

how do i find out what do i have and where/which KK customer ROM will apply to my specific stick ?
    i see in the sticky threads multiple KK Roms. but how do i know if that one will 100% will work with my stick?
    thank you.

Originally posted by m.a.s.e View Post
    Hi guys, i am new to this Stick's world but def not new to android custom roms....
    here is my question:
    i just purchased the MK809 III Quad Core RK3188 Android TV Stick 2GB RAM 8GB ROM Bluetooth Wifi Mk809III Mini PC Dongle Android 4.2.2

ordered from amazon:

and i have rooted it successfully.
    but it is on 4.2.2 and i want to upgrade to KK...
    Now i've read around and i see that there are several options of this stick? one with new and old wifi chip etc.

how do i find out what do i have and where/which KK customer ROM will apply to my specific stick ?
    i see in the sticky threads multiple KK Roms. but how do i know if that one will 100% will work with my stick?
    thank you.
    You have bought one of the not Orginal MK809III Stick´s with MTK Wifi.
    Right now we have no KITKAT Rom for this.

Neomode

Comment

Originally posted by neomode View Post
      You have bought one of the not Orginal MK809III Stick´s with MTK Wifi.
      Right now we have no KITKAT Rom for this.

Neomode
      Thank you sir, appreciate your reply.
      How can I validate what it is I need? I mean, how can I validate it is fake or original so I may purchase and have kk? Or will my specific stick will ever have kk or is it a lost cause?

Comment

Working...
      X